Suggest a Broadband plan please.!!

ceoshubham

Disciple
Hello people........I was till recently on Airtel 256kbps UNL plan which was serving me well enough......(This month due to exams am on a cheaper plan).

But after hearing about the FUP **** up by Airtel I sure as hell ain't gonna continue with it........Please suggest me some decent ISP in Agra region........My budget is up to 900-1000k.

And I am a heavy torrent user and don't game online much (I prefer offline gaming most of the time)....So please suggest me a decent plan keeping that in consideration.

Hi,

If you are a heavy downloader and you can schedule your downloads between 2 Am to 8 Am (Unlimited) then Bsnl Home 500 plan suits you.
Speed is from 258 Kbps to 2 Mbps. Average, you can download a minimum of 80-100GB per month and it costs only 500 Rs PM. The reliability of the connection depends upon the area.

^^What??you mean to say this connection gives speeds whch enable an average of 3GB download in 6 hours............1Gb in 2 hours.........1000MB in 120min.......8Mb/min........133kbps.......impressive..Ill try for this one.....!!

I am in agra btw........

Depending upon the distance from the telephone exchange to your home, the speed will be even more :D . If you avoid getting caught up in billing issues, then this plan will be your savior.... My friend gets 5Gb/6hrs every night!!!

Dude..I have just given the average speed. Some lucky people get around 220-240 KBps....I myself get around 200 KBps in bangalore...
You need to find out urself what speeds people are getting around your area.

^^^wow man!!

That's awesome..........I am definitely getting this plan.It so Roxx.......I can imagine a 720p ready every night..........nite after nite after nite............

But the basic problem is::I don't have a BSNL phone...........What would be the basic cost of getting a B-phone at lowest possible price just for net...............I mean not even outgoing allowed.......an only incoming one...........!!

ceoshubham said:
Hello people........I was till recently on Airtel 256kbps UNL plan which was serving me well enough......(This month due to exams am on a cheaper plan).

But after hearing about the FUP **** up by Airtel I sure as hell ain't gonna continue with it........Please suggest me some decent ISP in Agra region........My budget is up to 900-1000k.

And I am a heavy torrent user and don't game online much (I prefer offline gaming most of the time)....So please suggest me a decent plan keeping that in consideration.

900-1000k , you can get a leased line in that :bleh:

As I have already said it all depends an your area....because BSNL people dont have any deadlines. The amount of bugging you do is directly proportional to the time it takes. My connection came in 1 month. If the modem and line is readily available in your area they may install within a week.
As of now keep ur airtel connection and apply. If u get the bsnl connection by the month end disconnect the airtel connection.

ceoshubham said:
^^What??you mean to say this connection gives speeds whch enable an average of 3GB download in 6 hours............1Gb in 2 hours.........1000MB in 120min.......8Mb/min........133kbps.......impressive..Ill try for this one.....!!

I am in agra btw........
yes my friend
its very true
speeds r higher than this
this is just an average:tongue:

ceoshubham said:
Please suggest me some decent ISP in Agra region........My budget is up to 900-1000k.
There is no one better than Airtel BB in Agra.........

If you wish, you can try BSNL.. but BSNL service is very poor in Agra.

I am saying this because....
1. I have done training at BSNL, Agra and also at Airtel, Agra
2. I have used Airtel BB in agra for about 3 year.

^^I cant really go for Airtel now.......i am a heavy downloader and the FUP prevents me from doing that at decent enough speeds........

I am liking the BSNL 500 plan but really the night timings are pretty awkward and what if I want to watch Youtube etc in the day.............As of now the plan I am really looking forward to is Reliance 300kbps 800/- plan............Maybe Ill dload less but at least it will be unlimited for the full day..........

ceoshubham said:
^^I cant really go for Airtel now.......i am a heavy downloader and the FUP prevents me from doing that at decent enough speeds........

I am liking the BSNL 500 plan but really the night timings are pretty awkward and what if I want to watch Youtube etc in the day.............As of now the plan I am really looking forward to is Reliance 300kbps 800/- plan............Maybe Ill dload less but at least it will be unlimited for the full day..........

BSNL plans are attractive.. but their service is very poor. Most of time you will face link down problem, and BSNL people are too lazy to solve BB related problems.

Things may be changed now, so you can give a try to BSNL or Reliance. But again most probably you come back to Airtell BB.

Despite the FUP i've moved to Airtel, just because of the superb service.
In any case they'll just reduce the speeds not charge extra bucks ;)

^^Come on man........Already downloading at just a max of 32kBps sucks.......And on top of that as soon as you are done with 25GB download you get back to 16kBps............Imagine how much THAT would suck!!

Isn't Reliance good enough???

I thought it is...........

And Plus I am not going BSNL......I called them..........it appears a connection alone would take 2 months or so.....!

Back