Suggest a cabinet for 2-3K

baccilus

Skilled
Current budget= 3K max including additional fans

Existing Hardware configuration= See my signature. I will also buy a Hyper 212+ soon. So it should fit in the cabinet too.

Looking to buy NZXT Gamma with 2 additional 120 mm fans. It will come to 3K.

Will buy it from = Chandigarh. Lynx is the only decent shop here so will have to buy from there.

Online purchase= Yes but shipping will be an issue with a cabinet

Second hand=No probs but should not be old looking

My main requirement is that it should provide very good cooling. I am currently using an iBall cabinet which I have to keep open all the time which leads to massive dust accumulation

Also I am not sure if Hyper 212+ will fit in a CM elite cabinet.

BTW, I will buy within in 6-8 hours.

RadioHeAd said:

I already have this cabinet in mind. But I would like to have a few alternates in mind too. Amarbir (Lynx) is out of stock most of the times so I may or may not get this cabinet from there. May have to buy some other cabinet. Other shops just keep intex or iBall stuff.

I can tell you one thing about gamma, if you install a top fan and your Mobo has CPU socket at top side too(like most micro ATX) than you can not fit the CPU cooler there,

you may want to check this, (and its not listened or seen somewhere, I have gamma with me with a matx board), there is just 1/2 inch space after my stock heatsink & top fan.(I'll be happy if poven wrong though).

Additionally cleanig the front panle is a BIG pain, especially if you are living in a dusty area, fron pane catches dust very soon and than shows white dust squares from the black panel.(not something you can not live with but when buying new, consider it).

So can you suggest an alternative? I need to make a decision within 1-2 hours. Is there any Gigabyte cabinet you would suggest? Amarbir has a lot of those.

baccilus said:
So can you suggest an alternative? I need to make a decision within 1-2 hours. Is there any Gigabyte cabinet you would suggest? Amarbir has a lot of those.

then ur possible options are CM elite 310 /360. since ur going to the shop itself, m sure Amarbir will help u decide whats best for u. try taking ur cooler alongwith u n then decide for urself. Have no clue about gigabyte cabinets though.

Checkout this review, the pics show clearly a cooler which i believe is the Noctua (but dot quote me on that). I see enough of space in the cabby to accommodate all ur needs.

NZXT Gamma » Reviews - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews

RadioHeAd said:
since ur going to the shop itself, m sure Amarbir will help u decide whats best for u.

He is not that helpful. Will just sell whatever he has. It would be better to have an idea myself too about alternative cabinets.

Will the Hyper 212 plus fit into the Elite 310 cabinet?

baccilus said:

Well not really, otherwise why I would be using gamma :eek:hyeah:.

If its not too much dusty, get gamma, its pure VFM.:hap2:

few days back, I checked this and it look good, though prices are not in ur budget.

Theitdepot - Cooler Master USP-100 ATX Chassis (Red Colour) RC-P100-RKN2

NZXT gamma is not available with lynx india. Amarbir just has gigabyte cabinets. I think i will just buy a vacuum cleaner to clean off the dust from my existing iball cabinet.

I recently bought this Gamma cabby i dont like this cabby much :(.After installing Hyper 212 i cannot install any fan on the top(only 1 is possible) its the same in the side panel too where it has options for 2 120 mm fans but i can install only 1:no:.

One more thing this cabby has small gaps in the mobo tray so u can route the cable underneath the tray to reduce cable clutter...after doing that with a VX450 i cannot close the side panel :S.

How to clean the front dust filter in this gamma? can this be removed :huh::bounce:

i picked up the gamma from prime somedays back for 2000. for the price its an amazing cabinet. very well built & good wire routing options with bottom psu.

you get 1 rear fan in the cabinet which is included. additionally i picked up the coolermaster 120mm x 4 fanpack for 900 (for 4fans). so 1 rear exhaust, 2 top exhaust, 1 side intake & 1 front intake.

lastly the pc is dead silent even when its 1feet away from me.

all this would fit in your budget easily.

stormblast said:
i picked up the gamma from prime somedays back for 2000. for the price its an amazing cabinet. very well built & good wire routing options with bottom psu.

you get 1 rear fan in the cabinet which is included. additionally i picked up the coolermaster 120mm x 4 fanpack for 900 (for 4fans). so 1 rear exhaust, 2 top exhaust, 1 side intake & 1 front intake.

lastly the pc is dead silent even when its 1feet away from me.

all this would fit in your budget easily.

If I get it from Prime, the shipping alone will cost me too much. I think I will have to live with the open air system only.

I looked at the Gigabyte cabinets too but they don't seem as good as the NZXT Gamma. Even have fewer fans.

Can anyone suggest a cabinet like NZXT Gamma. I mean it should have a great air flow. The focus should be on cooling.

RadioHeAd said:
then ur possible options are CM elite 310 /360. since ur going to the shop itself, m sure Amarbir will help u decide whats best for u. try taking ur cooler alongwith u n then decide for urself. Have no clue about gigabyte cabinets though.

Checkout this review, the pics show clearly a cooler which i believe is the Noctua (but dot quote me on that). I see enough of space in the cabby to accommodate all ur needs.

NZXT Gamma » Reviews - XSReviews.co.uk - Trusted Hardware Reviews

As I said it depends on CPU socket, check this, this is mine old intel board, having socket at extreme top, I do not think I can fit a hyper 212 plus there. :)

Imageshack - img0257js.jpg

you can consider zebby antibiotic as well,i m having one.got a transaprent side panel,temp display,temp controlled fans +provision for 6 fans.very good airflow.optical drive placement is nt good.also looks not to everyones taste

the stock fans are not very good

thomasjude47 said:
you can consider zebby antibiotic as well,i m having one.got a transaprent side panel,temp display,temp controlled fans +provision for 6 fans.very good airflow.optical drive placement is nt good.also looks not to everyones taste

the stock fans are not very good
Does it have Fans at the top and Bottom mounted PSU (So that PSU doesn't act as Exhaust for the whole cabinet).

BTW, I think this would be an ideal Cabinet for me:
Product Gaming Cabin Invader
Can anyone tell me how much would it cost? And from where can I get it?

^^ its crossing your budget, with 3 more fans it will become 5K at least.

I believe even the zebronics Cabby you posted is expensive.

What if i buy cm gladiator 600? It already has 2 fans. I can buy one more for 450 bucks i guess. It will overshoot my budget but then i will get the hyper tx3 instead of hyper 212 plus.

OK guys, I have ordered the Coolermaster Gladiator 600. Thanks for your help. Please tell me what you think of my choice. And will I be able to use all the fan slots with the Hyper 212 plus in this case?

Back