Suggest a Cheapest Plan and Mobile Provider for OTP use only!

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Friends,

Currently, I need to recharge couple of Mobile nos (+3) which are only needed for Bank/Aadhaar OTPs and Emergency calls (miss calls) only.
I was happy with Vi 99 Plan, but its gone now.

Pls suggest a Cheapest Plan and Mobile Provider?
I think I need to go back to BSNL but their plans are as complex as Quantum Physics!
May be this?

1694417380100.png

Last edited:
Why can't you get the number changed wherever it's needed? It's neither practical nor economical to maintain many numbers now.
I also was in this situation some time back. I updated mobile no. using online banking at many banking portals, some needed to go to ATM or bank. Quick process just fill mobile update form and submit.

As for Aadhar, you need to visit nearest enrollment center, I delayed this a lot and thankfully my number was of Vi so they didn't cut OTPs completely and Aadhar OTP always came. This dragged on for 4 years... but recently there was a camp organized near my location so I went there and got my mobile updated there as well. Now I'm free to discard my old number.

Last edited:
Cheapest is BSNL as can be seen. Airtel Jio Vi all are minimum 155/179 now, unless I'm mistaken. But check reception of BSNL for your area. I had it for about 8 months. OTPs appeared after many mins/hrs (not joking). I mean you will forget your business and then the OTP will come. I'll not go anywhere near BSNL, and that is even if they pay me. So you have been warned.

Somewhat off topic but people in US have at most one phone number but there is more competition in mobile carrier space whilst in India a significantly higher people have more than one phone number but the mobile carrier space is suffering due to duopoly

Back