Camera Suggest a decent tripod for nature photography

Did anyone here used Vanguard Tripods? How good are they when compared to Manfrotto?

I'm sure the obvious answer of many would be to chose Manfrotto. But my reason to consider Vanguard is, they are available at lower price in india, where the manfrotto costs a BOMB.

Mainly I'm looking for the reviews of "Vanguard Alta Pro 253CT" vs "Manfrotto 190CXPRO3". I read many individual reviews but couldnt find any proper reviews of vanguard vs manfrotto.

The major theoretical differences which i noticed are:

1. Alta Pro is more flexible.

2. 6x carbon core (More stronger) vs 3x carbon core in Manfrotto

3. Alta pro has twist lock for legs (is this an advantage or disadvantage?).

4. Rest of the features are almost similar.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
@OP

Did you buy any ?

I am also in the same boat. Not sure what to buy. Benro 880EX is what I like (in my odd 2K) budget. Any pointers ?

^^Currently managing with my friend's tripod but will be buying the A500FBH1 model soon. As per ashvarybabul's suggestion, I have talked to Sameer of Gaffarbhai and Sons , who is a good and knowledgeable person to talk to. They are also the official distributor for Benro in India. Provide him your requirement and he can advise you on the best available tripod for your need.

You can post your queries in his Forum too: Gaffarbhai and Sons • Index page or PM me if you want his mobile no.

Currently FK and LB are also selling Benro models--

FK: Tripods / Monopod / Tripod Ball Head Price List India: Camera-accessories: Flipkart.com

LB: Benro Tripod Price India - Buy Benro Tripod Online in India

Primary thing is high rigidity, less weight, small size (better if it can put in a backpack). Priced under 6K.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The Benro A550FBH1 is available for 6200 from LB. Good price ?

I havent tried it but Benro tripods are pretty well built. Better than budget Slik, Velbon and Vivitar tripods. Manfrotto and Vanguard are in the same league.

I don't know if I did it wrong or right but I bought the Benro A500FBH1 for odd 6.2K from LB.

Not sure how often I'll use it (or I'll ever use it....I am so shy) but I just bought it.

All this happened because of my kid. He broke my sony cybershot which I bought 5 years back. The similar cybershot was costing odd 6K now and I wanted to buy that one. Right at that moment I thought of buying something better and currently I am sitting at an expense of odd 65K. WTF !!!!!

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I don't know if I did it wrong or right but I bought the Benro A500FBH1 for odd 6.2K from LB.

Not sure how often I'll use it (or I'll ever use it....I am so shy) but I just bought it.

All this happened because of my kid. He broke my sony cybershot which I bought 5 years back. The similar cybershot was costing odd 6K now and I wanted to buy that one. Right at that moment I thought of buying something better and currently I am sitting at an expense of odd 65K. WTF !!!!!

That's a good deal considering 7K @ Gaffarbhai: Gaffarbhai and Sons » A500FBH1 . But cannot exactly be fitted in the backpack as it's around 2ft in folded length, but weight-wise 1.8KG should be light enough for normal treks. Do post your first impression / review :)

Lol I dont even know how to use it. I was kinda scared by all the pros preaching the fact that for the tripod, buy it once, buy it good. I still skimped on it and bought something that could assist my learning and something that would keep me afloat for a few years. Also I bought on 6 months 0% EMI. (which actually helped me to scale my initial budget to 3 times)

I'll jump to a gitzo after I'll leave my job and become a professional photographer :ROFL: I think it'll probably take like 20 years ;)

Operating should not be hard, you can as well take it to your local Camera shop or refer to youtube: Benro A297EX and B-1 Ballhead Review - YouTube (plus the related videos). Unboxing review would be fun from an aspiring pro-lensman :)

Benro has 3 years of warranty, but not sure how does that work. Hopefully, it doesn't involve sending the product back to China. However, given the reviews, most of their products are sturdy as well as known for longevity.

For all those who are checking price at gaffarbhaiandsons.com for their tripods, please calculate as per 10% discount on all tripod stuff...

He give 10% off on all products (or say he mention price in net by increasing 10% :p )

Guys I got my Benro A550BH1 today. Clicked few long exposure shots and realized how important this thing is. Night shots are just too dependent on a decent tripod.

I just wonder now, how I'll use it in public. I am too shy to use it in front of all :p

I want to buy tripod for 500D DSLR. I have 55-250 and 50mm lens along with kit lens. my budget is around 2K, currently i am not willing to spend to much on tripod. Please suggest decent tripod in this budget. I have seen few Benro tripods on FK and LB, Please suggest.

I'd say, I was exactly what you are now (check few posts above). But I am glad that I bought a decent one, with a ball head. I think Benro A550BH1 should be a decent start. Out of your budget at the moment, so I'll suggest you to wait and save. The ball head is something you wont appreciate until you use it.

Back