Camera Suggest a decent tripod for nature photography

Re: The Photography Thread !

@FaH33m: Entry level manfrotto are too heavy to carry for hikes or for travel purposes.

thats true a decent tripod costs 10k for leg + 4-5k for ball or good head .I will suggest you to get a tripod as soon possible(even 3-4k tripod will do ) or else you will keep losing picture.I can't see myself doing landscape or night photography without a tripod .

anyway ,my collection of tripod .

I have three Tripods

1.Sony -VCT-R100[bought for pns ,but still use it with UWA lens (10-24mm)]

sony-vct-r100-tripod.jpg

2.Sony VCT-R640 (I seldom use it now )

3.Velbon Carbon Fibre CF640

Velbon Tripods - Velbon Sherpa 645 CF

5201790287_e55612a5ec_z.jpg

645_ground.jpg

*Sony on the left and velbon on the right .

*With Velbon I can replace pan head with ball head if needed

My next jump will be gitzo for sure :)

I currently have a Vivitar VPT-3600 but I doubt it will be able to take the weight of the Sigma ,even if it does it will be too risky . It can handle the D90 + 17-50 with ease. I guess I will get a new one soon.There goes my plans for a new UWA :(

^ it won't .

with Sigma on you can use it as monopod if you like .

@stuge...

nobody is on the same level as u mate. Suggest some normal human types. :p

FaH33m said:
There goes my plans for a new UWA :(
You absolutely need a good tripod and decent set of filters to make the most of an UWA. Congrats on your new lens :eek:hyeah:

I am also thinking of buying a cheap tripod...I saw Sony ones for Rs 1300/-...is it advisable to get this one? What would you suggest?

PS: I would use it with Canon 550D and Canon 55-250mm lens...

Stuge said:
@FaH33m: Entry level manfrotto are too heavy to carry for hikes or for travel purposes.

thats true a decent tripod costs 10k for leg + 4-5k for ball or good head .I will suggest you to get a tripod as soon possible(even 3-4k tripod will do ) or else you will keep losing picture.I can't see myself doing landscape or night photography without a tripod .

anyway ,my collection of tripod .

I have three Tripods

1.Sony -VCT-R100[bought for pns ,but still use it with UWA lens (10-24mm)]

sony-vct-r100-tripod.jpg

2.Sony VCT-R640 (I seldom use it now )

3.Velbon Carbon Fibre CF640

Velbon Tripods - Velbon Sherpa 645 CF

5201790287_e55612a5ec_z.jpg

645_ground.jpg

*Sony on the left and velbon on the right .

*With Velbon I can replace pan head with ball head if needed

My next jump will be gitzo for sure :)

Konquerror said:
I am also thinking of buying a cheap tripod...I saw Sony ones for Rs 1300/-...is it advisable to get this one? What would you suggest?

PS: I would use it with Canon 550D and Canon 55-250mm lens...
No,Don't get the R100 .its specifically made for pns .

Sony VCT-R640 or similar type like Vivitar will be just ok to get you going.

Konquerror said:
Thanks Stuge...will get Sony R640 :)
just before you make sure you try your 55-250mm lens + body with that tripod in vertical /portrait position.If the lens slides due to its weight then don't buy it .

Any one has any idea how is Benro A-300FBH-0 Tripod with ball head and case ? Friend got it for less than 5k locally.

Will it handle D90 + Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 (Total weight ~2.3kg max). Specs of the tripod show load capacity as 4 kg .

As of now really cant afford to spend 10-15k on the one's mentioned above.

Did you check SmartShoppers.in? I mean I know they have issue sometimes with long shipping time, but this deal seems good enough: Benro A-250EX+BH-0 Tripod with ball head & case 3 Years Manufacturer Warrantyhttp://www.smartshoppers.in/product/benro-a-300ex-bh-0-tripod-with-ball-head-and-case/

Not under 5k, but yeh, it will handle your Sigma with ease. Another plus side is that, later you can get better ball head as per your budget permits.

EDIT: The page title is wrong, it's a 300-EX-BH-0 model only.

iGo said:
Did you check SmartShoppers.in? I mean I know they have issue sometimes with long shipping time, but this deal seems good enough: Benro A-250EX+BH-0 Tripod with ball head & case 3 Years Manufacturer Warrantyhttp://www.smartshoppers.in/product/benro-a-300ex-bh-0-tripod-with-ball-head-and-case/

Not under 5k, but yeh, it will handle your Sigma with ease. Another plus side is that, later you can get better ball head as per your budget permits.

EDIT: The page title is wrong, it's a 300-EX-BH-0 model only.

Great ! Next buy is the 300-EX then and yeah my friend actually got it for a little less than 5k after haggling at some store in Fort.

^ Ideally, yeh. You'll find slightly better rates in the shops... so it's Tripod Hunting season for Splurge Baba, eh? :p

Okay, listen... if you're going to go on weekends then let me know. I'll also join in if possible, if not at least I'll pass you some model numbers for you to find out (extra work for you).

Back