Audio Suggest A Demo System CD Player Update - Showroon Demo Unit

Amarbir

Skilled
Guys ,

I Have a Chinese "Extremely Good Quality " CD-Player .The Name Of The Brand Is "Yama " .This Was Purchased By Me From a Guy Going Back To His Country .I Also got 2 Speakers Along With The Unit And Also a AMP As a Package .The Setup Is As Under

CD-Player -> Fiio E9 ->Any Headphone/Earphone I Want To Demo .

As The Experience And My Gear Of Earphone And Head Phones Is Improving I Feel That This Player Gives a " Trembling " Type Vocals To My Fiio E9 .If I Connect a Apple Ipod To the Same Fiio E9 There Is Nothing Like That And I Hear Crystal Clear Music .I Would Like a Update Here .I Am Looking For a Pure CD Player Without Any Amp .What Would Be a Budget " Audiophile " Player In This Setup .I Would Not Mind Taking a Second hand Unit If Someone Is Looking To Update His Gear .

old thread link -> http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zone/portable-audio-auditioning-setup-your-inputs-173876.html

abhi_jollyguy said:
Hi before suggesting u a CDP, I would like to know the sound signature u are luking for and also ur budget?
Abhi ,

The Sound Signature Should Be Liked By All Comming To Testing And Hear The Audio Gear I Have There .The List is Endless There .I Am Looking For a Budget Audiophile Player .Head That The PS1 And The PS2 Are Also Great Is that true ?

abhi_jollyguy said:
Hi Amarbir ji, PS1 and PS2 is the other thing. As u said u need "Audiophile" quality so I think u should luk for the CDP or a DAC
Yaar CPD Is what i am looking at .Whats The use of a DAC in My Setup Nothing Practically .After Sometimes I Plan To Make a Really tiny Computer and Have a Great PCI Or PCI-e Card In it To Play The Files In WAV file Format i have .I Hacve seen several links where people are suggesting a PS1 and PS2 As a CPD " CD Player "

abhi_jollyguy said:
Amarbir ji, How much are u willing to spend on CDP? Also what kinda sound signature u are luking for?
Well,
I would Like To Spend Less Then 25K On This CD-Player .Sound Signature I Have No Idea On .Bloddy never knew i will be asked this question on even CD-Player Also lol .

Rega Apollo, NAD C545BEE, Marantz CD6003 - Marantz CDP's are very musical, detailed. NAD is on the warmer side having gud impact on lows with very smooth treble.

NAD and Marantz will be under ur budget Rega apollo may be lil bit higher.

abhi_jollyguy said:
Rega Apollo would like approx 34k, NAD C545BEE would be like approx 24.5k, Marantz CD6003 would be like approx 21k
Abhi ,

Any Distributors Of Marantz you Could Possible Know ? .

Ya Mr. Madhura, he is the marantz distributor in chennai, India. Ph. No.: 44-28224482

Mr. Jallal from "The Audio People" in Chennai. Ph. No.: 44-42125999

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also I would like to recommend u the NAD also. I myself using NAD AMP.

Hey, I did read in the Digit Magazine some time ago about the Sony PS2 being an excellent cd player. I remember one paragraph - "And there it was, lying under our noses while audiophiles spent more than 1000$ trying to get the best CD player "

Amarbirji, If you dont need the usb functionality you can even go for the Marantz cd5003/4. Where are you planning to buy this from?

iaudio said:
Amarbirji, If you dont need the usb functionality you can even go for the Marantz cd5003/4. Where are you planning to buy this from?
No idea Yaar ,

I do not need usb at all .Btw you suggest someone

How about getting any normal/good cd player which has a coax(digital out) to a good dac.
Something like

CDP -> Coax -> DAC + Amp -> Speakers / HP
CDP -> Coad -> DAC -> Amp -> Speakers / HP.

I think something like a CDP -> Coax -> Burson HA-160D would fit your budget, give you more flexibility in the DAC section and result in a better sounding rig altogether.

bennysachdev said:
How about getting any normal/good cd player which has a coax(digital out) to a good dac.

Something like

CDP -> Coax -> DAC + Amp -> Speakers / HP

CDP -> Coad -> DAC -> Amp -> Speakers / HP.

I think something like a CDP -> Coax -> Burson HA-160D would fit your budget, give you more flexibility in the DAC section and result in a better sounding rig altogether.
Sorry Benny ,

Could Not Reply Back Earlier .Well Bhai "suggest a Budget CDP " .Would a DAC Not Be Into The CDP ? . I Am Confused .I Think CDP + DAC Would Be One One unit And I Will Connect It To the Fiio E9 then To Headphone/Earphone ?

The CDP's I have suggested u are the best one's u can get in ur price range ok. The NAD CDP has the Burr-Brown DAC which has been owned by the TI AFAIK.

Now Come to ur question, u don't need to be confused, what he suggested u is any cheap CDP and also DAC, u need to use the digital-output of the CDP and feed it to the external DAC, then u can use the analog out of the DAC and feed it to ur Fiio E9 and u will connect ur HP's to the Fiio 9.

This is what he suggested u.

Back