Suggest a first DSLR for me(somwhat semi-pro photographer ) budget 50k max

hektor

Disciple
I've been using my point and shoot camera(Sony Cybershoot DSC W-70) for over 3 years now and i must admit , I have completely enjoyed the experience ,getting some memorable pics during my college days,parties,family gathering etc.... But now i've started to feel the limitaions of my DSC W-70 and therefore think that i must get myself a DSLR, as its the next logical step and also the fact that i have the necessary funds now :) I'm not a noob in photography, but i'm not a professional either. i'd like to term myself 70% intermediate and 30% amateur :)

I've been trying to read up some stuff in photography-stuff like lenses,their dimensions, types and also some technical jargon. But nothing comes close to first hand experience and that is why i want to make the plunge now :)

I basically love to shoot indoors- at family functions,college get togethers,team outings,vacations etc.. I also enjoy outdoor photography from time to time-when i go on trips along with my friends. I'd also like HDMI video recording as i shoot vidoes as well.

Should i get myself an entry level model or a semi-pro one? Can anyone give me some tips on a good DSLR. My budget is 50k(including lenses,cases and all).

Can someone also give me some pointers to some good sites for reading up on stuff on photography?

Thanks in advance :)

More than the body, you need to decide on the lenses. Which lenses will you be getting right now, and when can you afford to buy better lenses. Your indoor shooting will need a wide angle lens, and when you go on trips you'll find a tele lens useful (unless you crop the images). Shooting indoors also needs a fast lens (one with a lower f number). Or you'll have to get a flashgun. Or both :p

50K can get you a 1000D + 18-55 IS + 50mm f1.8 + 55-250 IS + flashgun + 16gb card + nice bag + basic tripod. If you go for a better body, you'll have to skimp on the lenses and accessories . Or else you can go for a 550D + 18-55 IS + 50mm f1.8

Back