Suggest a free MMOFPS

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys
I am on lookout to play any free Online FPS Game. I am kinda fed up of Counter Strike now,and want something new..
Better graphics are also fine..
CS:S is bad, and go is a LOOONG Way!

I was searching and came across this site:
Best Free Multiplayer Online Shooter MMOFPS Games List | MMOBomb.com

Now, it showed :
[h=2]ALLIANCE OF VALIANT ARMS[/h]APB RELOADED
COMBAT ARMS
[h=2]S4 LEAGUE[/h][h=2]ARMA 2 FREE[/h]etc to name a few..
Check link for more Games..

Now please Suggest me one game which is playable in India..
I tried battlefield Play4Free but its ping is high!!
I need something which is great to play and is lag free.(2mbps connection, Airtel)

Played s4 league . Pings are not great but good enough to play. Didn't quite like the game. Especially we have to buy weapons which work only for a specified amount of time, eg 12 hours.

Thanks for that..
What about Alliance of valiant Arms?

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

or even Arma 2??
Any Indians Playing??

A.V.A is 3.3GB and I wanna be sure before downloading.. (F**King FUP)

You should really play Team Fortress 2 if you have not already. It's now free 2 play and is lots of fun! Great humour as well.
Good Indian community (check the tf2 thread on this forum too)
There is an Indian Server where you'll get very low pings (<50ms) . Also there are hundreds of other servers in Singapore,Malaysia,etc which also have low ping (~50-100ms)

Two other games(free 2 play) worth mentioning:

1. Battlefield Heroes: Extremely fun, has vehicles,special abilities for characters(like fire from bullets, blasting away enemies,invisibility,etc) and is for casual gamers. Heck, you can even let two of your friends sit on your aeroplane wings while you fly it! Only problem: It does not have low ping Asian servers and no ping compensation, so all shots wont register.

2. S4 League: Good game, the best ping compensation of all games that I have played. So it won't matter even if you are playing on 300ms, all your shots will be registered. And you can host your own "room" to get low pings...or join any Asian room... Problems: Lots of hackers in rookie servers. Also, the jumps can take a while to learn.

Read the review of black light retribution at ign and it sounded quite promising . You can customize the hell out of your weapon . Can't wait to get hold of this game . BTW IGN gave the game 8.5 .

I am actually Downloading that..
Saw the review.. looks Promising..
BTW Tried War Rock.. Its Passable! But not good enough!!

Blacklight is 5.5GB.. Larger than A.V.A..
Both are based on Unreal Engine.. This is Unreal :p
I am halfway through now.. Shall tell you how it is By eve..

BTW do you really Suggest COD4 Cracked? I Think its against rules to suggest *Ahem* versions in TE..
Either way, do many play?

Please no COD4 I have played the *ahem* version . You can play on the non pro mod servers without being kicked but promos servers kick randomly with some error.

Downloading Blacklight.. Next will be Tribes..
Will Post my view on BR Soon..

After playing for 6-7hrs.
WAR ROCK ReView:
When i thought of War Rock, I felt it would be another CS Clone/Battlefield clone..
Visuals and Sound:
When I started played, first thing was the Visuals. They were baad.. Engine is too old, and its not much better than CS. Actually CS,with some Mods, looks a lot better.
I turned all to high, no problems. But I think nVidia cards have an issue with Spec Flare. So had to turn it off.. Either way, it was not good..
The sounds turned out to be OK. Giving you the regular battlefield sounds for guns and nades.
Rate: 3/5​

Gameplay and Controls:
Controls were normal.. I didnt take much time getting used to, but the aiming and recoil was bad. I think CS Spoilt me :). Sniping wasn't fun at all, people just keep passing through your bullets and dont die. Jumping was also not good. Roll is useful, but not quite.
Guns,nades,knives etc. need to be bought on a Temporary basis, like 7Days, 30 Days. You earn credits in game with which you can buy weapons. Frankly, it would be great if they were permanent. As i don't like buying them on temporary basis, I felt bad, wasting too many credits.
Rate:2/5

Ping and Other:
I was playing in Middle east and Indian servers. The pings were normal. Never got kicked and game rarely lagged. Using a 2Mbps Airtel connection, i felt the pings to be comparable to the Pings we get in CS. There are many hackers too. Beware :)
Game modes were as usual. Deathmatch, casual CS type, etc. Fun to start but not after an hour or so.
Rate:3/5

OVERALL: 3/5

Game felt passable, and I got bored after 3hrs of playing. Not many players in servers too. I had played with about 7 people max, at once.I Recommend you guys to stay away from it! 900MB Download and a few game files get downloaded first time you run.
This is just a Quick Short Review. Hope its enough to give you an idea.

Back