Budget 0-20k Suggest a good 22 inch Monitor under 10K

raksrules

Elite
Looking for a monitor. Can be 22 inch or lower. Don't want to go higher as space is an issue and also 22 inch is pretty much an upgrade for us as we have never used anything above 15 inch when it comes to a laptop screen / monitor.

I have seen people mentioning things like TN, VA etc for the panels but I have no clue about all that. I know IPS is supposed to be best I guess. Also higher refresh rates don't matter. I don't game. Inbuilt speakers while good to have are absolutely optional.

Please suggest which is a good option. Also can wait for prime day in July if some deals are expected then, not sure historically there were actual deals on monitor on prime day or not.

I would suggest the acer VG240YB available for 12.5k which is well worth the extra 2.5k it's 23.5inches though

IPS Monitors have the best viewing angles and color accuracy is also good, VA has more depth in black and good contrast ratio, TN dont buy.
Acer HA220Q 21.5
or
LG 22MP68VQ 21.5

both are 10k monitors

below 10k i see few of them on amazon but no saying if they are good ones...you will have to check at your local stores for better pricing info.

I bought this a few months ago for around 8k, it's pretty solid. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08L879JSN/
Yes this is the one I mentioned in my other thread about laptop buying. I saw this posted by someone on desidime and then checked keepa price tracker and seems it is lowest price. Pricing seems a good 2.2K less than my 10K threshold.
I know that for every 1-2K extra there will be something else which may be better but that is never ending thing.
Btw forgot to mention, the display shouldn't be glossy. It should be matte so reflection will be minimum.
@calvin1719 i checked one of the unboxing videos of the monitor you suggested and it appears decent. It seems the viewing angles are pretty good too.

Last edited:
IMO prices fluctuate, deals changes as well.

Get whichever 22" IPS 1080p monitor you can find under 10k, sometimes as low as 8-8.5k with offers.

In-built monitor speakers are usually bad. Better get speakers for 400-500 instead.

IMO prices fluctuate, deals changes as well.

Get whichever 22" IPS 1080p monitor you can find under 10k, sometimes as low as 8-8.5k with offers.

In-built monitor speakers are usually bad. Better get speakers for 400-500 instead.
Thanks.. Yes waiting for prime day hoping I get something when combined with card offers. Inbuilt speakers I am sure are just crap and only kept to make the monitor more lucrative.

Thanks.. Yes waiting for prime day hoping I get something when combined with card offers. Inbuilt speakers I am sure are just crap and only kept to make the monitor more lucrative.
In built speakers are good enough if your usecase is zoom calls or just watching YouTube tutorial/entertainment videos etc. If you're going to be watching movies or playing games, get external speakers.
I'd also recommend one of these. Check vedant, mdcomputers, etc., their prices are often lower than Amazon, but availability is poorer, you might not find the same models there.

When choosing Monitor, I see many brands, which are the brands that we consider reliable and "cannot go wrong with" when it comes to monitors? I see even other brands like samsung, zebronics, Benq etc.

I know that for every 1-2K extra there will be something else which may be better but that is never ending thing.
Very true. Define your must haves and good to haves and check which products meet the first, then see whether it's worth spending x more to get y more stuff. I was looking into spending up to 14k but got this because I couldn't use anything that was extra in those over this one.
checked one of the unboxing videos of the monitor you suggested and it appears decent. It seems the viewing angles are pretty good too.
They are. It's a pretty good all rounder. Obviously you get what you pay for here, but it doesn't have any obvious flaws. I do wish they charged a little extra and included height adjustment though.

21.5 to 23.8 is a ~10% drop in PPI though. as it is, 21.5 is just a tad low PPI with 1080p; not noticeable in normal use but evident in some circumstances.

I have this one

LG 22MK600M​

This is very good if you can get in a deal.

Can also sell it for a good price as I have been thinking to go for 144hz monitor. Delhi nearby only though.

23 inch is for 8.8k , op should go for that one.

I am open to 23 Inch too now but still 22 inch is preferred. I like the pricing of this Acer one which @calvin1719 has bought. I am waiting for prime day but I am not sure if I will find some mind blowing deal then.

I am not even sure if I will be able to find difference between a VA and IPS panel.
I have this one

LG 22MK600M​

This is very good if you can get in a deal.

Can also sell it for a good price as I have been thinking to go for 144hz monitor. Delhi nearby only though.

Couple of questions about this.

What exactly is a "good deal" for this monitor? What price?

I see this has 2 HDMI, So any way both can display their content side by side on this? I know query is dumb but asking. If not, then say I have something connected to both HDMI ports, can I easily and quickly switch between both the HDMI inputs?

Last edited:
What exactly is a "good deal" for this monitor? What price?

I see this has 2 HDMI, So any way both can display their content side by side on this? I know query is dumb but asking. If not, then say I have something connected to both HDMI ports, can I easily and quickly switch between both the HDMI inputs?

Prices have increased, so I say 8.5. I bought in oct 2020 for 7.5K + emi interest.

Yes, it has both side by side and pip, switching can be done via joystick at bottom or LG monitor software very quickly.

Best part is power consumption ~10 watts at appropriate brightness and max 17 watts.

Prices have increased, so I say 8.5. I bought in oct 2020 for 7.5K + emi interest.

Yes, it has both side by side and pip, switching can be done via joystick at bottom or LG monitor software very quickly.

Best part is power consumption ~10 watts at appropriate brightness and max 17 watts.
I really doubt I will get at prices you have mentioned. Even on prime day, I feel best I may find is probably 9K or 9.5K and that too after discounts and card offers. So I will have to live with it.

But the fact that I can get PIP or side by side would be great and I would really want that feature. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one on prime day.

Back