Suggest a good electric shaver

^^ ive been using the same 7-in-1 for the past couple of years. picked it up slightly cheaper in amsterdam.. its a good budget option as a trimmer, but not as a shaver..

I have this Panasoic ES8116

2008C8U381102_big.JPG

Expensive but works fantastic.

You could also try Gillette fusion, I have been using it since the pass 4-5 months now, gives a fantastically smooth shave.

gillette_fusion.jpg

Checksum said:
I got a Philips grooming kit yesterday. Its about 2.4k but has various attachments and stuff. Definitely worth the money.

Philips - Grooming kits - Personal care - Men's grooming

I think it is mostly a trimmer sort of thing. I had used a Philips (Holland) shaver long back, with two round blades and a retractable trimmer on the side. It was really useful for a fast shave and lasted years. Of course it was a gift from a friend who returned from U.S. Using a Mach3 ever since its debut.

Yup its a trimmer, but does a pretty good job. There is also an attachment for shaver, but haven't used it yet. I'm too lazy to shave, so prefer trimming :p

I can sympathize with the OP. It's true that using an electric shaver will eliminate rashes and razor bumps.

I had similar issues but I prefer the clean shave of a regular razor. So I researched a bit and I have a few tips on how to avoid razor bumps and rashes:-

1. Use warm water the clean your face before shaving. Warm water is very important as it preps your beard.

2. Never let your beard grow too much.

3. Apply a thick lather of shaving foam and let it sit on your face for about a minute.

4. Attempt to shave the majority of your beard in one single stroke. Repeated stroking causes rashes.

5. Don't apply too much pressure. If you have to use pressure, change blades.

6. Wash your face with cold water after shaving.

7. Use a good aftershave.

These steps have prevented 90% of rashes in my case.

I really REALLY suggest the old safety razor method of shaving.

Yes, it has a bit steep learning curve. But after perfecting the correct method, nothing beats it. You can try these videos which I followed to perfect my technique.

YouTube - Introduction to Traditional Wetshaving, Part 1: Concepts

I was using the Mach 3 for 3 years when I switched due to the really high cartridge prices and more importantly, even Mach3 failed to give me satisfactory smoothness.

Tips that sahilm has mentioned are what I would suggest too. Especially using warm water for your shave. And if your beard has grown too much, trim it first with a pair of scissors and then shave. Rather than using a foam, you can use a gel and brush to make the foam...what this does is, the brush would simultaneously also massage and stimulate the underlying skin when you make the lather.

if u need satisfaction. then nothing beats a vasatara(the local barbers use this)

its called a cut throat razer.

oh btw does anyone know where to buy these.. am feeling adventurous.

i would suggest against the electric shaver , as i had purchased a philips shaver for around 4k and just used it once.Its not that shaver didnt to its job well but the problem is the way it shaves, its painful cause the circular blades pull the hair and cut it ,also u tend to get small boils or pimples after .

Back