Graphic Cards suggest a good graphics card

Hi frnds, pls suggest me a good graphics card

budget:5.5k

use:3D applications like maya, zbrush..etc(no gaming nd overclocking)

For Rig:-CPU:i5...mobo:Intel DP55WB....RAM:4 GB Kindston...samsung 2233sw....COrsair VX450

thanx in advance....:D

hi kalla makrii

it seems HD 5670 @ 5.5k suits the best for u.

go for the sapphire. Got good cooler and is jst 5.,5k.

btw, nice name :D

thanx guys....is HD 5670 okie with 3d applications(eg:maya)!!!

nd why sapphire!!..is that good one ..wot abt service aftr sale nd all...

sapphire is one of the best brand for ATI. Theyve 3 yrs warranty, and their RMA is great AFAIK. powercolor and some others might be bit cheaper, but only 2 yrs warranty, and mostly their cooler's aint that good as sapphir's.

btw u a mallu ? :D

Yes Most 3D apps is capable of utilizing Video cards from both ATI and NVidia but Adobe CS4 & CS5 is designed sply to use Nvidia cards so decide carefully if you gonna use CS4&5...

ATI HD5670

NVidia 9800GT or GTS250 512MB version for 6.5k

Icon_211 said:
Yes Most 3D apps is capable of utilizing Video cards from both ATI and NVidia but Adobe CS4 & CS5 is designed sply to use Nvidia cards so decide carefully if you gonna use CS4&5...

ATI HD5670

NVidia 9800GT or GTS250 512MB version for 6.5k

i will b using cs4...:(...

is ther any other Nvidia cards other than 9800 GT?:huh:

i cant go exceed the budget..which is 5.5k..:ashamed:

nd can u pls tell me which brand is good for Nvidia(Eg:sapphire for ATI)

xfx is one among the good brands for NVIDIA cards. Palit is also good i think. But i heard a lot of issues when it comes to service for XFX. So IMO i think you can go for zotac cards. Once i bought a zotac card and was not satisfied with the performance and returned it and got xpertvision (palit) . This was a year back. May be now zotac has improved a lot. Not sure on this ...

Get this:-

Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 Artic Accelero(non-reference) @ 5.4-5.5k

IMO it's a good card and the non-reference cooler makes the package complete. Also it performs at par with 9800GT in most games, else at 9600GT level, even while consuming as much power as the HD4670.

^ But since the OP will not game and CUDA will benefit in CS4, isn't the 9800GT a better buy ?

The 512 MB one costs ~ 5.6k AFAIK.

i find out that Quadro cards are for 3D applications...:clap:
any one knw the price of quadro FX380?:huh:

or else Pls suggest me a quadro FX card in rage of 5.5 k(my budget):cool2:

well...the monitor he has does not have an HDMI...and the GPU you're suggesting takes an HDMI (as well a DVI)....so shouldn't he buy a GPU which is cheaper without HDMI but same in quality as Sapphire HD5670? :)

Back