Budget 0-20k Suggest a good monitor for trading and gaming

Ameet148

Adept
Hi

My monitor is broken.And it's aspect ratio was 4:3 and resolution of 1024x1280.

The major benefit that I think gained from this monitor was the 4:3 aspect ratio, because I use google finance for trading and I turn on the technical indicators on it , so the chart squeezes in size vertically.

So, basically 4:3 aspect ratio gives a good viewing area for both indicators and charts.But the trouble is that I haven't tried all this on a bigger 16:9 ratio monitor, so am quite confused what the view would be like.Although I have tried this on my laptop 16:9 which didn't work out,but it's a 15" screen so can't compare it with the 19" or higher screen sizes.

On another note I hate 4:3 screens as am a gamer too,and all you gamers know how it feels to play on a 4:3 screen.

Currently am looking to buy a new or used monitor, am looking for good picture quality as well as better visibility of my charts and let me know what size,aspect ratio and a good model which has got positive reviews.

My budget is very limited you can say that am looking for monitors ranging from Rs.1500 to Rs.8000.

Regards
Ameet148

Just wondering if there is any rule which says a browser has to be full screen for google finance to used ? Is it possible to reduce the width and use it ?

Common sense is one of the least common things.

Just wondering if there is any rule which says a browser has to be full screen for google finance to used ? Is it possible to reduce the width and use it ?

Common sense is one of the least common things.
The indicators don't fit to a resized window.It get's even worse if you resize it because of low breadth on the 16:9 ratio.

I think wide screen monitors are better for trading. I trade, and I always have more that 1 window open. When I was using a 4:3 monitor, I need two 17" monitors to be able to have all the info at hand, but one 22" 1680*1050 monitor is good enough for me now.
I bet a 20 or 22" full HD monitor will do the job even better. And I'm sure they'll fit in your budget.

Similar Situation i was in untill last week, absolutely NO for 16:9 ratio for Trading or Reading or Web, thought of buying 16:10 one from dell but again out of budget, so got a Refurbished DELL 1907FPT UltrSharp 19" Square for 3.5K here @ Hyderabad. And No wonder people paid 15K+ for this beauty in its prime (read 2007)[DOUBLEPOST=1388759684][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think wide screen monitors are better for trading. I trade, and I always have more that 1 window open. When I was using a 4:3 monitor, I need two 17" monitors to be able to have all the info at hand, but one 22" 1680*1050 monitor is good enough for me now.
I bet a 20 or 22" full HD monitor will do the job even better. And I'm sure they'll fit in your budget.
Trust me your 1680*1050 is much better than Full HD(16:9) if its 16:10 :)

The indicators don't fit to a resized window.It get's even worse if you resize it because of low breadth on the 16:9 ratio.
Don't tell me how indicators fit on a screen, I have 6 screen with indicators in front of me All day long

Stop whining over petty issues.

Back