Suggest A Good PSU+GPU Budget 17K

Hades.

Skilled
1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 17k
2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1. CPU - Intel Core i5 750
2. Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H
3. GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD4350
4. RAM - Mushkin 2GB DDR3 1333mhz Value Ram
5. Monitor - BenQ G2220HD
6. SMPS - Gigabyte Superb 460w
7. HDD - WD Blue 500GB AAKS
8. Cabinet - NZXT Gamma
9. Cooler - Noctua NH-U12P SE2
3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1. All, except PSU And GPU
4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. GPU - MSI GTX460 Cyclone 1GB Stock
2. PSU - Corsair VX550
5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
1. Yes will upgrade in the future actually waiting for AMD Bulldozer Core :p
6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Mumbai
7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No
8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. HTPC
5. Download rig, 24x7 operation
6. Watching HD movies
9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1. Looking to buy a good brand GPU which shud have good after sale service
10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
1.All New Games except Crysis :D
11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1920x1080
12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. Yes
13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 32bit

WingZero said:
^^that decision is upto you.

For the OP.

gtx 460 cyclone 13.7k

psu vx450 3.6k
Hades is the OP

Hades. said:
hey memphis shud i buy gtx460 or shud i wait for Radeon HD68xx GPUs?
See, new GPUs keep on coming and its not worth to wait for them and then get to know that some other better more efficient GPU will be coming and then wait for that, this way you'll keep waiting

I would recommend you to go with this combo, its very much worth it

VX450 will be quite sufficient for your needs but considering your future upgrades it is better than you invest now in VX550

MSI Cyclone 1GB GTX460 ~ 13.5k
Corsair VX550 ~ 4.8k
Total: ~18.3k(1k+ more than ur budget)

If u wanna save a few bucks then go with Seasonic S12II 520w ~ 4.1k (Has 2 native 6-pin PCI-E connector. Excellent PSU. -ve compared to VX550 is it comes with only 3 years warranty)

If u are will to spend few hundreds more then the MSI Hawk 1GB GDDR5 GTX460 ~ 14k.(First batch pricing in Primeabgb) This is among the top of the line GTX460's if not the best.

DarkAngel said:
MSI Cyclone 1GB GTX460 ~ 13.5k

Corsair VX550 ~ 4.8k

Total: ~18.3k(1k+ more than ur budget)

If u wanna save a few bucks then go with Seasonic S12II 520w ~ 4.1k (Has 2 native 6-pin PCI-E connector. Excellent PSU. -ve compared to VX550 is it comes with only 3 years warranty)

If u are will to spend few hundreds more then the MSI Hawk 1GB GDDR5 GTX460 ~ 14k.(First batch pricing in Primeabgb) This is among the top of the line GTX460's if not the best.
Thanks for the suggestion DarkAngel... actually i just wanted to know that whether it will be under safe temp if i will overclock it to 800mhz to get Palit's Sonic Platinum Performance?

And Primeabgb is selling MSI GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB for Rs.13,200 :) So i wud be able to save 800 bucks so that i can invest a bit more in the PSU ;)

And i read some reviews about the Seasonic S12II 520w and i got to know that it doesnt have good build quality if u will compare it with VX550 but it has an advantage over vx550 that it has better efficiency...

Back