Suggest a Good VPN to support Rapidgator and Iphone

abishek22

Disciple
Could someone suggest a good VPN service, i had a subscription for privateinternet acess (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com) VPN its was great always connected worked on the iphone & DD WRT router also but the moment i start downloading from a file sharing site like rapidgator the download speeds drop to 9 Kb/sec from 120 kb/sec without vpn, the website and all the VPN sites keep saying unlimited bandwidth.Not using it to download any torrents.

So can anyone suggest another VPN that could support the iphone also.Thanks

For I Phone... I dont know about that... But I use ProXPN for Desktop... and its speed limit is 300kbps(for free users)... and I used to get near by 50kbps to 60kbps..

Use KISS or free vpns like vpnbook. Better buy a lowend vps and insall the vpn/pptp servers over it and enjoy hassle free downloads.

Every free VPN I tried was spotty and when it comes to downloading from rapidgator there is a drop of 90 percent in speed. But all websites open. Net browsing works fine. It's just the downloads.

Every free VPN I tried was spotty and when it comes to downloading from rapidgator there is a drop of 90 percent in speed. But all websites open. Net browsing works fine. It's just the downloads.
VPN requires encryption and can lead to reduction of speed. I get 80% of my max speed abt 180 KBps with vpn.

Depends on settings and providers service. Hotspot shield, vpnbook gave very good performance even for downloading. PIA is paid and you were getting throttled speeds. With PIA, many have reported very slow downloads. Not worth for downloading. It's good only for browsing, select what you want and sftp it to your home pc. Try talking to PIA guys abt your throttled speeds.

Thanks for that
PIA has expired got it for 3 months
Had support for the iPhone also via VPN settings. For browsing it worked flawlessly. Will check your suggestions. Thank you

Free hotspot shield failed to login to rapidgator , support says maybe rapidgator has blocked hotspot proxy access
KISS : norton blocks the file
Any more suggestions

Filename: securitykisssetup.exe
Threat name: WS.Reputation.1
Full Path: c:\users\dr00\downloads\programs\securitykisssetup.exe

Details
Unknown Community Usage, Unknown Age, Risk Medium

Origin
Downloaded from http://38.113.189.66/SecurityKISS/builds/00000000973f7dc1/SecurityKISSsetup.exe

Activity
Actions performed: Actions performed: 1

On computers as of Not Available
Last Used 06-09-2013 at 10:23:35
Startup Item No
Launched No

Unknown
It is unknown how many users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Unknown
This file release is currently not known.

Medium
This file risk is medium.

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

http://38.113.189.66/SecurityKISS/builds/00000000973f7dc1/SecurityKISSsetup.exe

Downloaded File securitykisssetup.exeThreat name: WS.Reputation.1
from38.113.189.66

Source: External Media


File Actions

File: c:\users\dr0\downloads\programs\securitykisssetup.exeRemoved

File Thumbprint - SHA:
ca5f79e6b1a5f8a2d22c1393ea6e21f17460e49bfa4b3613450007ae2a676638
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

Sorry to bump up my old thread but i would like to know is using pptp protocol good enough to avoid the isp knowing what torrents i am downloading?

Back