Graphic Cards Suggest a graphic card under 8k

i dont think custom cooled version are worth 2k increase over the reference version,i know loud proccy and cards can be a concern but trust me it will be fine and you will grow to love its noise(i always think i m missing something when the computer is off and i dont hear the low drone of the proccy
<
).

I think for a resolution of 1440*900 you don't need a very powerful gfx card.

Pick up the 6770 at around 6k and buy a good PSU like the seasonic s12II 430 / FSP Saga II 500

Just my two cents, what does everyone else think?

yes that maybe right coolcrook but i think op will need a more powerful card for maximizing a few games at 1440x900(such as battlefield 3 and crysis2,6770 will enable op to run these games at max,but i doubt 6770 to handle max aa as well).also since the next generation of console is rite on the horizon,the next generation of game graphics are bound to trouble many of the lower and middle end cards.
I think for a resolution of 1440*900 you don't need a very powerful gfx card. Pick up the 6770 at around 6k and buy a good PSU like the seasonic s12II 430 / FSP Saga II 500 Just my two cents, what does everyone else think?

i would suggest op to reconsider his card choice,for the gtx 465 deliveres almost the same if not more performance than a hd 6850 and costs 8.6k whereas a hd 6850 costs 9.8k.

http://www.flipkart.com/search-computercomponents?query=gtx+465&from=all&searchGroup=computers&_l=YcKaB3+X093b9toH9EDqww--&_r=FBvj6zUcet8GNWkeMrh8eQ--&ref=9cbb9377-163a-46a9-ac64

even a 6770 is an overkill for that resolution.....if you plan to max out all all games with AA and AI then go for it, else just get a sapphire 6750 for 6.3k which would be more than enough...it would run on seasonic 520 or even a corsair builder series 430...all the cards mentioned above would have made sense if you had a full hd monitor....a 6850 for a 1440 * 900 resolution? seriously guys? are u freaking kidding? save the extra cash for a monitor ...if you plan to buy a full hd monitor soon , then get nothing less than a 6870 1gb ddr5

even a 6770 is an overkill for that resolution.....if you plan to max out all all games with AA and AI then go for it, else just get a sapphire 6750 for 6.3k which would be more than enough...it would run on seasonic 520 or even a corsair builder series 430...all the cards mentioned above would have made sense if you had a full hd monitor....a 6850 for a 1440 * 900 resolution? seriously guys? are u freaking kidding? save the extra cash for a monitor ...if you plan to buy a full hd monitor soon , then get nothing less than a 6870 1gb ddr5

i think 6770 is not a overkill,and i definitely dont think 6750 could ever be more than enough.6770 can likened to 5770,which at most offers 20-40% increase over a gts 250,and let me tell you,this is not the way the op wanna go.gts 250 cannot max out bf3 at 1368x768,however it gives playable fps with aa turned to off/1x.how do you suppose that even a 6750 would be "more than enough".in any case do you think a 6770 would still be overkill when the new generation of game graphics arrive?i am trying to give op vfm for at least a couple years.

Withing your budget i'd suggest you to get Sapphire HD6790-8.2k,If you have a personal preference for nvidia then GTX550ti-8k

HD6790 is better in performance-http://www.hardwareh...ulletstorm.html

It'd be better if you mention your psu.

He has mentioned his PSU [font=arial, sans-serif]iBall LPE/LPS 223-400 (250 W)

And he has also mentioned he's planning to buy one.

Hey Nr112,[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]Do you plan on buying a better monitor in the near future?[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif]If yes and its going to be full HD(implies you will be playing your games at a resolution of around 1920*1080) then invest in a 6850/6870 depending on your budget, but even those won't run all upcoming games at MAX at full resolution, do keep that in mind.If you are ok with playing games at a slightly lower resolution on the new monitor then the 6850 will suffice for the next two years giving you good framerates.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If you dont plan on a monitor upgrade for the time being, then save your money, invest it infact.

Buy a 6770 which will max most games(may not max AA as mentioned above) and give good playable framerates with your monitor.Speaking from experience here, I own the same card and play games like NFS:RUN, TF2, COD:MW,Dirt3 etc. at a resolution of 1600*900(not at max settings in mos cases)[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If you spend 6k on the gfx .You save 4k(~approx on more expensive card), YoY if you invest well you can make it 5k atleast in two yrs, sell your card then for maybe 2-3k, that'll give you enough money to buy a good gfx once again 2years down the line.

Its improbable anyone will follow this but I'm saying it anyway.[/font]

Thanks for your suggestions Guys.

But what if i am not manage to change my monitor for the next 2 years ,then i am sure that the 6770 will fail in the next 8-12 months from now with my current monitor resultion .A 6850 is an overkill for me now but it will be futureproof at that resolution for atleast 2 years(for almost 60% games).That will be enogh i guess.What will be a profit for me to grab a 6770 which already started shaking at 1440*900 for games.I meant if i can sell a 6k card for 2-3k after 2 years ,then i can sell also sell a 10k card for 5-6k ,and then after putting 6-7 k more after 2 and a half year i can grab a very good GFX card.What do you think bro??

I can't change the monitor for the next one year or more,after that i can i guess(but not sure).If i gone out of my city for studies ,then i can buy a new computer but it is also going to be a budget pc of 20k ,my parents won't allow me to spend much on pc and all other stuffs.Then at that time 6850/70 purchase will help me for atleast one or 2 years more.After i got a job after 3 year period i will buy what i want but before that i think 6850 and 6870 should be my choice most preferably 6850.

I also think that it is not good now to wait for amd to release 78** and 77** series as it will took month of May (i guess) for the release of that cards and i think almost september for the availability of the custom cooled versions..The custom cooled versions are not 1k or 2k rupees high but theyare only 500 -600 bucks ,so why not prefer them??They haven't announced the 7950 yet.They are waiting for Nvidia kepler to release first i guess.

Please also suggest me a cabinet under 2.5 k,i am thinking of changing that too beacuse it came with a rear 80 mm intake fan which is not sufficient according to me after i put a GPU and a PSU in that cabby.(don't suggest NZXT GAMMA)i really don't like the look of that cabby,it is a good cabby but not for me.

Suggest me some please.I have zebronics aviator in my mind.

Thanks and regards,

nr112

I have also mentioned in my posts that i have increased my budget ,now i have 14k.

Back