Audio Suggest a great 2.0(bookshelf) or 2.1 System

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
Hi All,

Looking for best option for a 2.0 bookshelf speakers or 2.1 systems.

I currently have Klpisch Pro 2.1 which is pretty old and I was looking for an update. I am using Xonar ST as soundcard.

My requirement is in order of :

1. Music
  2. Gaming
  3. Movies/Animations

Budget upto 15K. Was looking at options at junglee.com and bajaao.com.

Any suggestion would be great.

Anant

Faraz

Skilled
Sep 18, 2009
Bhopal
For a 2.1 system. Corsair sp2500 should be the best bet in that budget. You can also look at swan D1080MKII 08 for a 2.0 system.

I was in the same confusion and decided upon corsair sp2500 as sub is necessity for movies and games.
<

krisballa

Disciple
Feb 8, 2012
I could suggest Circle Arko 100w (I own these) or 80w under 7k. If you have more budget you could go for [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Swans D1080MKII 08 or [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Swans M200MKII
<
[/font]

Faraz

Skilled
Sep 18, 2009
Bhopal

M50 would come to 18893 after taxes. If you can increase your budget go for it.

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
took lot of time but thought to have one page to compare all options.

What you guys think ? who stands out as champion?

chk pdf

Attachments

• audio compare.pdf
    221.7 KB · Views: 225

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
attaching pdf
<
download to check

when ever there is "/" it means options

as in some are 2.1 some are 2.0 so after stroke is details for the Woofer the ".1" of the set

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
15k will not get you a passive setup and a dedicated stereo amp (not counting second hand deals) so passive setups are ruled out. You should be ideally looking at a powered pair IMO. If the requirement is mostly inclined towards music, stick to a 2.0 setup. Contrary to what most of them believe, a good pair of bookshelves will output sufficient bass with its own drivers without the need of an added sub. Movies and games will take a hit but you could still make do with these.

The Swans M200 MKII sounds like a good option and the reviews are favourable. They are pretty old but haven't been phased out by Swans yet. The other favorite here is the Audioengine 2 but there were a few cases of the speakers going faulty leading to subsequent replacements. It might have been rectified later - not too sure about that though. Bajaoo stocks Audioengine speakers (the A2 black and white models retail for Rs. 10,400 inc. of taxes) and are also willing to give you a refund if you aren't satisfied with the speakers. Within 14 days i.e.

The A2 doesn't have wooden enclosures.

iaudio

Adept
Jul 29, 2009
Gannu, the Topping Tp20 with an entry level bookshelf speaker pair is a way of going passive-separates route in this budget.

cravikum

Disciple
May 11, 2009
Mumbai
Gannu, the Topping Tp20 with an entry level bookshelf speaker pair is a way of going passive-separates route in this budget.

+1 get the topping amp from ebay and an entry level bookshelf like CA S30 for music any day it is within your budget.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod

Does the Topping TP20 MK2 have the power to drive entry level passive bookshelves? I had read that thread on HFV thoroughly sometime ago but I really doubt if it is capable enough to drive passives. May be wrong though.

The OP of that thread was comparing it to a NAD amp!
<

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
@Gannu, @Carvikum @iaudio

few things

1) Yes i am sure you must have explained basics to many
happy55.gif
but pretty noob when it comes sound, though got an ear to hear and separate a good sound from bad one

2) so half of the things you were talking went over my head

3) kindly talk in English hehe i mean if it isnt much could you give bit elaboration on what you are suggesting.

@Gannu

Honestly was not thinking of Passive systems as it would be out of budget. Most music i play is old rock, only new bands would be NIN, or Foo Fighters, RHCP etc. (if music choice helps in understanding my preference of sound)

So was sticking to only Active systems. Also i dont underestimate 2.0 or rate them higher than 2.1. Earlier was crazy about having a 2.1 thus got myself Klipsch GMX Promedia 2.1 long back. And now was more keen on bookshelf speakers however kept in mind 2-3 good 2.1 that exist in market.

And yes was surprized how Swans been same since 2004 mostly, they are pretty old models.

@nukeu666

Thanks man wasnt aware of high failure rates of Swans and A5

Topping rates on ebay

Topping TP20-MK2 TA2020 : 8.3K

Topping TP30 Class T : 11K

Topping TP21 Class T: 10.5K

PAssive Speakers options on Baajao etc

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Behringer 1C-BK Passive Studio Monitor Speakers Pair : 7.2K

Behringer 1C-WH Passive Studio Monitor Speakers Pair : 8.4K

Audioengine P4 Premium Passive Bookshelf Speakers : 13.4K

Polk Audio TSi 100 Bookshelf Speaker : 12K

Kef - C1 - Bookshelf Speaker:13K[/font]

antz123

Adept
Jan 12, 2007
@bottle Was looking at the same very page to understand what @Gannu @Carvikum @iaudio were talking about.

However how this person got everything under 15K is confusing me.

Also was searching on affordable Passive speakers :

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sony SS-B1000 5 1/8-Inch , [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wharfedale DIAMOND 9.1 etc[/font]