Monitors Suggest a HD Monitor for PS3

Hi guys,pls suggest me good Full HD monitor for use with my PS3(currently using CRT 21 inch TV looks crappy)

Budget is Around 13K

Should have HDMI Port

Currently have in mind Dell S2409W

Buy a monitor which can maintain the aspect ratio of the input image. Otherwise the 16:9 input of the PS3 will be vertically distorted. AFAIK most Dell monitors don't have any scaling options and will always stretch the image to fullscreen and distort it.

I've seen scaling options on some Viewsonic monitors. You can either display the image at the native resolution (will be a box in the middle of the screen the same size as the actual input). Or it can stretch the image until it horizontally exactly touches the edge of the monitor (It will have black bars on top and bottom) so you have no distortion.

Torch said:
Buy a monitor which can maintain the aspect ratio of the input image. Otherwise the 16:9 input of the PS3 will be vertically distorted. AFAIK most Dell monitors don't have any scaling options and will always stretch the image to fullscreen and distort it.

I've seen scaling options on some Viewsonic monitors. You can either display the image at the native resolution (will be a box in the middle of the screen the same size as the actual input). Or it can stretch the image until it horizontally exactly touches the edge of the monitor (It will have black bars on top and bottom) so you have no distortion.

I think S2409W is a 16:9 monitor. So he is OK on that front.

@OP: If you are looking for a 24inch monitor with 16:10, Benq G2400W (and it's newer model the V2400) is another good option. They do 1:1 pixel mapping as well, so work well with Consoles.

Back