Audio Suggest a Headphone amp

abbis

Disciple
Hi,

I want to buy a headphone amplifier to be used with my ipod classic and RE2.I want it to be portable and which is available here.Are any of them from these any good-

ibasso P3 heron

Nuforce Icon mobile & ipod adapter

Little dot MK1+

E7

If you have any other suggestions,its most welcome.

Thanks

You do not require an amp for most IEMs. If anything I prefer the sound of most of my earphone unamped to using an amp. The only exceptions are the RE0s and the RE1s which have an impeadance rating of 64 ohms and 150 ohms respt.

Plus an amplifier amplifies the source with all its flaws as well so if you lack a good source then you will need to upgrade your source first before getting an amp.

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Tell Us What IEM/MP3 Player/Quality Of mp3 u Use
He mentioned- iem- RE2, Player- Ipod classic ! MP# tracks, since its a classic, 128-320 kbps

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, I might be looking for an amp too, and the above options are the ones I have in mind too, just that I wont get the E7 cause it is primarily just volume boost, no good, Little dot , ibasso might be good options.Will be pairing them with the Ipod classic/touch and M 50s or WS70s !

^^ Oops ! :p

Good catch. I had to re read his post 4 times before I realized that he had mentioned it !

While using an amp with an ipod is nice, its better he spends the $$$ for a better earphone. Something like the Triple fi 10 or IE7.

BF1983 said:
While using an amp with an ipod is nice, its better he spends the $$$ for a better earphone. Something like the Triple fi 10 or IE7.
I totally agree. Amp is pointless if your using an RE2. It will just make it louder to the point the sound quality actually starts degrading bcoz the earphone won't be able to handle it.

Might even break ur earphones if you drive them too loud. Like bf1983 pointed out, all you need is a good IEM.

A good IEM will never require an amp to shine. Very few exceptions to this rule of course, but in general IEM's DO NOT require an amp.

So please spend your money wisely and get a better IEM if you wanna invest in your music.

I never knew "a good IEM will never require an amp to shine". So i didn't care much about expensive IEMs. The "Triple fi 10 or IE7" BF1983 mentioned is priced more than 20K!!

I have a Nationite OS-72HR player and a Nokia 5530.Both of them has better SQ than my ipod classic.(with the same IEMs and the same songs).

So i thought may be a better amp with the ipod classic will make the difference.

The Ipod Classic does not have a good headphone out so yes an amp could make a difference but its not worth spending on an amp now.

Also if you spend aroun 8k - 10k, you can get nice IEMs like Sennheiser IE7, Klipsch Image X10, Klipsch Custom 3, UE 700 etc.

Back