Suggest a hosting provider

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
Want to host at least 3 sites, maybe more in the future.
Prefer to pay monthly, not a strict requirement.
Target audience is North America for all sites.
Will be using WordPress.

Lots of cloud providers have dedicated presets for hosting Wordpress sites, for quick setup and management.
Check prices on aws, google cloud, azure, linode or vultr.

I am sure it’s the same with hosting providers too, like hostgator etc.

If you know how to setup a VPS or can learn then go with Linode or Digital Ocean. These are the best VPS providers at affordable prices.

For shared hosting, try to avoid any hosting provider which is owned by EIG.

Thank you all for your kind inputs.
Went with digitalocean, a friend had some credits in his account.

Linode offers a $100 credit over 60 days if you are a first time user... If you don't see this offer try getting a link or coupon code from some linux orientated YouTube videos.

I've been using it to run one shared and one dedicated VPS so far, costing $10 and $40 respectively to see which one to continue with and the basic $10 one seems good enough for my basic usage.

I am hosting 7-10 Wordpress sites on each $10 VPS on DO/Linode. And the server is okay with the load. Of course all these sites have relatively moderate traffic (a few thousand page views per day).

Unless we have a resource heavy website/app, a $10 VPS is all we need.

I am using DigitalOcean VPS for many of my client's projects. It works pretty well. I have also worked with GoDaddy, Bigrock, Hostingr, Hostgator, BlueHost and Linode.

Found that DO is best in terms of simplicity and reliability.

P.S. I am using DigitalOcean from 2014.

Been using digitalocean for years now, never had any issues.

Tried out aws lightsail when it came out but their shared CPU instances have a burst credit that you can chew through pretty fast. EC2 instances created from AMIs might be another option.

Steer away from buyvm, had so many access and stability issues with them.

Openshift was pretty good 6 years ago, and they have easy app instances running on k8s but not sure how "friendly" it is these days under big blue.

No first hand experience with oracle cloud, but apparently they are very hostile when it comes to account and data deletion policies.

Back