suggest a laptop around 50-60K

Since I'll be moving away from home for higher studies, Its time to say good bye to my Desktop finally and get a laptop for myself. Budget is around 50-60K.

Though this is supposed to be a Laptop for college, I'll be using it basically for casual gaming,watching movies, browsing and regular stuff that I do with my desktop. Though I'm not a hardcore gamer that I used to be, I still like playing some good titles and their sequels, some of which require a good GPU. So I need a laptop with good GPU in this budget.

Currently I have Dell studio and Sony waio E series in mind. I was waiting for the Dell XPS series upgrades, but looks like it's gonna take some more time.

No Acer/HP please, first I don't like Acer's build quality and secondly I had first hand experience with HP after sales service. So I'm not gonna buy HP even if its 100 times better.

Please suggest some good Laptop configurations for my budget

me too looking for a lappy at the same range.i had narrowed down on hp dv6 , vaio and a macbook.my needs are the same.check some msi laptops they have good configs.

I have a HP Dv4 and its got great performance, I'd suggest you go for the new HP Dv6 with the ATI Radeon HD 5450 which would probably be ample enough for casual gaming needs.

only reason i would say no for hp is because of its apple service.

i am waiting for the day hp pulls together its act. But till the time that happens, we will have to be careful with hp.

@OP- Try SMC International. and mind you, 640, NOT 740

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm mostly leaning towards Dell Studio 15 and Sony Vaio E series. So please give me a good configuration in Dell Studio 15

sriharsha_m said:
Thanks for your replies guys. I'm mostly leaning towards Dell Studio 15 and Sony Vaio E series. So please give me a good configuration in Dell Studio 15
go for sony its equipped with ati 5650 if you are gonna game and its also has this awesome FullHd screen if you wanna watch movies:eek:hyeah:

how's this config for a laptop purchase with similar interests as that of sriharsha_m, I'm asking this for myself...btw any discounts possible ?

Style

Midnight Blue Colour with Black U-Trim

Build My Dell

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-450M (2.4GHz, 2Core/4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.66Ghz, 3M cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

McAfee(R) Security Center (Multi-Language) - 30-Day Trial Version

15.6 " Full HD(1080p)WLED (1920 x 1080)Display with TrueLifeâ„¢

4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (operates at 1066MHZ for Core i3/i5, and i7-620M processors)

500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities

Integrated CREATIVE Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi MB Audio Software Solution

9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

Accessorise My Dell

Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2010 (English)

No Carrying Case

Protect My Dell

1 Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis

1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB

Also Includes

Base System (Direct)

Dell DataSafe Local Backup Basic

Break the seal sticker

Dell(TM) PC-Restore Included

Shipment Mod

WINDOWS-LIVE

Discount is only valid if the corresponding upgraded item is selected above.

Limited time promotional offer only. No further discounts apply.

Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000

34mm ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PC CARDS)

Mod Specs Info (India)

ICC Regulatory Label

Power Cord (IND)

Ergonomic noise isolation in-ear earbud - Creative EP-630

System Drivers

System Documentation (English)

Windows® 7 Label

Adobe Reader

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 Label

Delivery charges not included

Studio-NB Handling and Insurance Charges /Express Premium

Bezel with Integrated 2.0MP Web Cam