Disciple
Hey. I'm going to buy this PC:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
RAM: Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz
HDD: Seagate 250GB
Cabinet+SMPS: CoolerMaster Elite 300 + 460w
DVD Drive: Samsung 20-3D
Graphics: XFX 8600GT (256MB) DDR3
which motherboard should I go for? ABit iP35-E? any other recommendations?

Fire Wolf said:
Hey. I'm going to buy this PC:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200
RAM: Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz
HDD: Seagate 250GB
Cabinet+SMPS: CoolerMaster Elite 300 + 460w
DVD Drive: Samsung 20-3D
Graphics: XFX 8600GT (256MB) DDR3
which motherboard should I go for? ABit iP35-E? any other recommendations?

well balanced , decent rig in built there , not too little and not too less.....
u can get the abit else u can consider these options as well...

MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

either of them wont cross 5.5k and are decent boards....

if u have the moolah! go for MSI P45 NEO3 FR

Edit : On seconds thoughts stretch a little and chuck the 8600gt out and bring in the HD4670 :)

well, first specify a budget.

Looking at your rig again -

i think you need a very basic mobo, go for a abit IP35P or the basic asus ones. stay away from MSI, there P45 series ain't any good.

nothing above 6K IMO

Why not go for a cheaper cabinet ... that way you can get a good mobo.

Later on you can always switch cabinets. Switching mobos will be quite cumbersome.

hanzy said:
well balanced , decent rig in built there , not too little and not too less.....
u can get the abit else u can consider these options as well...

either of them wont cross 5.5k and are decent boards....

if u have the moolah! go for MSI P45 NEO3 FR

Edit : On seconds thoughts stretch a little and chuck the 8600gt out and bring in the HD4670 :)
Well, I've already bought the 8600GT and the HD4670 is somewhat out of my budget. I'm not really a serious gamer, there's only one game I'm really going to play and the rig will run it quite well I suppose.

How much is the P45 for?

Also out of Abit and MSI, which one would you recommend?

ranjitpai said:
Why not go for a cheaper cabinet ... that way you can get a good mobo.

Later on you can always switch cabinets. Switching mobos will be quite cumbersome.
Any (decent) cheaper cabinets you can suggest? I just don't want a bad looking one :)

My budget for the mobo is around 5.7k, so the Abit one fits in. Just want to know if there are cheaper options which may be better.

Is your purpose gaming? If yes, then I would definitely suggest you to go with ATI HD4850 and if your an overclocker get a better motherboard too like Asus P5B :drool: ?

^^^He has already said he is not much into gaming at the same time he has already bought 8600Gt so no point about buying 4850 now.

MSI P45 Neo-f should come inside 6k for sure.if not Abit and MSi then you can also look for Gigabyte P35 chipset around 6k.

Fire Wolf said:
Well, I've already bought the 8600GT and the HD4670 is somewhat out of my budget. I'm not really a serious gamer, there's only one game I'm really going to play and the rig will run it quite well I suppose.

How much is the P45 for?

Also out of Abit and MSI, which one would you recommend?
Any (decent) cheaper cabinets you can suggest? I just don't want a bad looking one :)

My budget for the mobo is around 5.7k, so the Abit one fits in. Just want to know if there are cheaper options which may be better.

The Zebronics Bijli is a decent good cabinet ... comes for around 850 bucks without the LED fan. Decent space and cooling.

EDIT :

The P5Q is a good mobo but I wont call it exactly a budget mobo.

Back