Laptops Suggest a netbook...

techie_007

Skilled
Guys, need a netbook. Will be mostly used by kids (say <14 yr olds), so requirements are not a major issue.

Want a netbook as budget is less than 25k, and a netbook shud be fine for basic usage as well.

So whats a good VFM on the market nowadays?

Acer aspire one should come within 17-18k.

Or Acer AS1410 is an 11.4-inch Celeron notebook for a netbook price and comes within your budget. Performance wise it beats all the netbooks with atom processors. :)

Dell Inspiron Mini 12 - around 26k

Acer Aspire One : various models from 15k to 25k.

since you have budget of 25k, pick the netbook that comes with 12" display and an SSD.

My brand prefernce here will be Dell and Acer followed by ASUS and Lenovo

mediahome.in said:
get the acer. sammy netbooks some how i was not impressed by them . acer are decent good stuff and well below 18k mark at all places

If you have noticed some negative points please tell us. It would help people who are considering Sammy netbooks.

I have an acer netbook. It is excellent. But I doubt that it would be good for kids. Since kids normally require some graphics, games, larger screen etc. Kids can consume more processing power as compared to an Office user.

It is actually meant to be more of a portable 2nd computer.

Around Feb, netbooks with better graphics and lower power consumption are expected.

matoind said:
I have an acer netbook. It is excellent. But I doubt that it would be good for kids. Since kids normally require some graphics, games, larger screen etc. Kids can consume more processing power as compared to an Office user.

It is actually meant to be more of a portable 2nd computer.

Around Feb, netbooks with better graphics and lower power consumption are expected.

I have used a couple of them too :) This is more of a starter PC for them, so it wont be doing much heavy stuff with regards graphics etc.

The options are,
Dell mini 10 ~ 20k(xp)
Samsung ND 128 ~ 14-15k(DOS)
AspireOne(AOD 250) - 15.5k(DOS) 16.5k (XP)
Get the acer. Its better than the sammy
BTW you can get a sammy laptop for 24k :D(R517-DD 05IN)

Samsung N510 looks a pretty good netbook and im using a samsung N110 since quite a few months and no problem at all it was a great buy ! Keyboard is perfect screen is perfect no issues at all and regarding the service i have a service centre right next to my house so issues regarding that :p

Back