Audio Suggest a pair of Headphones - 5k

Hi,
I need suggestions for a pair of headphones. I prefer buying it directly from SP Road (or anywhere else in Bangalore). It will be used mostly for Movies/Music etc on a 2 year old laptop, the specs of which I am not too sure of. So, if there is a need to buy an external sound card etc I am up for it. But the total budget is pegged at 5 grand.

which is ur preferred genre in music

any inclination towards treble, bass, mids, soundstage or clarity

if u clear above thngs

tht will help

I can't specifically put down preferred genres of music. I can say for sure that no Trance/House. Mostly Soft rock, classic rock and occassional metal/death metal. Does that help?

If you dont mind spending another 500 bucks and hopefully if Global Easy buy friendship day offer is still on , grab a Audio Technica AD-700 as soon as possible for ~5.5K. Trust me , they are the most detailed cans in its price range.You will love the detailing and soundstage .Only issue would be lack of punchy bass but since you don't listen to techno/house etc I think the bass would be good enough for you. I tried it out few days back and was left very impressed . Highly recommend it .

And yeah they are easily driven by a good onboard as well , no need to buy external sound card as well . :)

+1 for the AD700. The bass is slightly laid back but the detailing and soundstage is amazing for cans worth 4.5k (ex US price).

Global Easy Buy is quite fast with shipping .Some of the guys have received packages in 9-12 days as well and if they cant deliver with the time frame ,they give full refund.

stalker said:
tell chunny to get it from Spore :p

It's expensive there. At least he got his AD700 for 175SGD which translates to about almost 6k INR. Off the GEB, the cheapest using a 500 off coupon is 5400 INR.

Global Easy Buy
Ho0ligaN said:
Well, I find online transactions cumbersome. Its ok I can wait 10 days, as long as the whole affair is trouble free.
Buying stuff off eBay GEB is quite easy. If you are a member already, login into eBay and pay using the credit card/debit card/online bank transaction and you will get a confirmation receipt. After 10 days, you should receive your AD700. :)

You need not worry about customs duties/additional shipping charges.

BF1983 said:
Yeah, even my $450 HD650 did not sound that great out of my onboard. :(
Did you even try?

@OP: Just incase your not a fan of pink headphones(AD700) get the Grado sr80i if you like a lotta bass or the Alesandro Ms1 if you like your sound bright.

All 3 of them are open backed, you have been warned ;)

Back