Suggest a phone for Nimbuzz calls under 5K

nizarp

Disciple
Hi All,

I am looking for a phone for my sister. The main purpose of it will be to make Free Calls using Nimbuzz or similar applications (VOIP ???). My max budget is 5K and I prefer a sleek looking Nokia phone.

Guys, please suggest. I need to buy it this week.

Thanks in advance.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys please help...!

I will be using it with gprs/edge and it was working fine with my old N70.

@talrejaheeru,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it is out of my budget.

Any other options ?

If you are sure that EDGE is enough to make VOIP calls, then you have a lot of options.
Nokia 2700, Nokia X2-01, Nokia 5130XM. The Nokia C3 may cost a little more than 5k.

And in SE you have the Cedar(What ever happens, never buy the SE Spiro, even if someone gives it to you for Rs.10)

hotshot05 said:
If you are sure that EDGE is enough to make VOIP calls, then you have a lot of options.

Nokia 2700, Nokia X2-01, Nokia 5130XM. The Nokia C3 may cost a little more than 5k.

And in SE you have the Cedar(What ever happens, never buy the SE Spiro, even if someone gives it to you for Rs.10)
Are you sure Nokia X2-01 will support VOIP call? I was told by a sales guy that this does not support VOIP calls, only symbian phones have that feature. But if it works, it will make a perfect choice for me.

Any idea ?

nizarp said:
Are you sure Nokia X2-01 will support VOIP call? I was told by a sales guy that this does not support VOIP calls, only symbian phones have that feature. But if it works, it will make a perfect choice for me.

Any idea ?
i Am not sure that the java version of nimbuzz will be able to make voip calls. The symbian version will be able to make such calls though.
Although SE phones do have the SIP settings in them i am not sure whether any application would be able to make use of it.

Revolution said:
Sorry,some different query.
I got Nokia 2700C.
So,if I use use Nimbuzz,I can make free call to other mobile ?.....:S
AFAIK,nothing is free in this world.
No you cannot make a free call to another mobile number if that is what you are asking. You can call Nimbuzz to Nimbuzz for free whether it is between mobiles or between mobiles and PC.

Revolution said:
Thanks,got my answer.
Only Nimbuzz to Nimbuzz possible doesn't mater PC or mobile.
it is like a yahoo audio chat done on phone.
Nimbuzz incorporates yahoo,gmail facebook accounts for chat.
So if any chat client had an option of audio it can be used in nimbuzz.

I used Skype to call abroad once using Airtel GPRS. It lagged a bit but we could still communicate. 3G will solve any lag issues but that would be cost prohibitive seeing the 3G tariffs at the moment.

Revolution said:
Thanks,got my answer.
Only Nimbuzz to Nimbuzz possible doesn't mater PC or mobile.
Not completely accurate. Only Nimbuzz to Nimbuzz is free. I believe there are paid subscription models where you can call the PSTN or mobile network too.

Back