Graphic Cards suggest a suitable graphics card for the following system

ubergeek

Skilled
hey guys my friend is a getting a system of the following configuration the maximum budget is 32k

here is the configuration

amd phenom X11 925 proccy
gigabyte 785gmtusb 3.0 mobo
4gigs of ddr3 transcend ram
1tb of seagate hd
a standard smps with cabby

he isnt a hard core gamer but loves to play games like pro evo soccer and fifa games so can you suggest a really nice card for that purpose only iam thinking about 5670 how does the card fare will it work well with a stock smps please suggest :D

HD 5670 should do ok on a genric smps.....its better to get a FSP 350w to be on safer side. It should handle pro evo soccer @ 1600 X 900 resolution.

well depending on the resolution he wants to play at , and the budget fpr the graphics , the recomendations are going to be different . i suggest a 5670 though ! :)

ubergeek said:
hey guys my friend is a getting a system of the following configuration the maximum budget is 32k

here is the configuration

amd phenom X11 925 proccy

gigabyte 785gmtusb 3.0 mobo

4gigs of ddr3 transcend ram

1tb of seagate hd

a standard smps with cabby

he isnt a hard core gamer but loves to play games like pro evo soccer and fifa games so can you suggest a really nice card for that purpose only iam thinking about 5670 how does the card fare will it work well with a stock smps please suggest :D
If ur friend wants his system be be safer then he should consider spending at least FSP SAGAII 350 or Zebronics Real Watts Pro 350w for 1.5k (1-1.2k after deducting the cost of generic cabby PSU). Why do ppl always spend on quad core processor , 4GB RAM and high end mobo and crib when they have to spend about 1.5k on a quality PSU which is one of the most important parts of the PC :no:

Also if he haven't got the system then it would better u start a thread in PC buying advice section so that ppl can give u better suggestions according to the needs.

DarkAngel said:
If ur friend wants his system be be safer then he should consider spending at least FSP SAGAII 350 or Zebronics Real Watts Pro 350w for 1.5k (1-1.2k after deducting the cost of generic cabby PSU). Why do ppl always spend on quad core processor , 4GB RAM and high end mobo and crib when they have to spend about 1.5k on a quality PSU which is one of the most important parts of the PC :no:

Also if he haven't got the system then it would better u start a thread in PC buying advice section so that ppl can give u better suggestions according to the needs.
quite true about the psu part ! i was about to commit the same mistake when darkangel helped me to get gigabyte 460w ! :)

A 5670 will work fine on a generic PSU as it's power requirments are low. But there is a danger of his card getting fried. So advice him to be on the safe side and get the SAGAII 350.

I never understood our Indian mentality of spending so much money on the proccy and scrimping on the PSU. Is it because quality PSU's were hard to come by a few years back?

Get the gigabyte superb 460 (a 400w smps) at minimum.
Your friends running a processor that consumes close to a 100 watts, and he wants to get a graphic card that consumes about 75.
And all that loads on the 12v rail.
A 350w smps might work, but really you should be looking at something more powerful.

so i gather form all the repies that a good smps is necessary for the 5670 fair enuf .

i dont think fsp will be availlable in chennai so mostly i will go for zebronics reall wats psu, if i put that the system will be on the safer side right?

and also can some one tell me the current pricing of a 5670 last i heard it retails around 5 k and also which brand should i go for saphire,xfx or any other brands suggest me the one which provides a really nice ASS in india :D

and also in case if 5670 isnt availlable is it ok to get a gt240?

nanoneo said:
A 5670 will work fine on a generic PSU as it's power requirments are low. But there is a danger of his card getting fried. So advice him to be on the safe side and get the SAGAII 350.

I never understood our Indian mentality of spending so much money on the proccy and scrimping on the PSU. Is it because quality PSU's were hard to come by a few years back?
yup ! that is the main problem ! plus the general people dont understand the importance of psu ! they think if it available for cheaper why spend so much ?

and the market is flooded with cheap psu's , with the dealers also fitting the cheap ones instead (maybe they get more profits from them) !

so thats why people tend to get cheaper psu's :)

buddingwhizkid said:
yup ! that is the main problem ! plus the general people dont understand the importance of psu ! they think if it available for cheaper why spend so much ?

and the market is flooded with cheap psu's , with the dealers also fitting the cheap ones instead (maybe they get more profits from them) !

so thats why people tend to get cheaper psu's :)

please see my above post :D

Back