Suggest a TV Recorder

I dont know much about the recorders so the title might be slightly wrong. If it is, sorry for that.

But, I am looking for something to record TV shows from my Tata Sky. Now I dont want to get Tata Sky recorder as I intend to use the recorder at other places too. Would be good if it can be connected to PC and Laptops too for recording. But if the budget forces me to get something that only records from TV, then its okay too as it is main priority. Tried searching but couldn't find anything that I want.

Please suggest something that does the job required by me.

You're not going to record HD right? Tatasky HD is hdcp enabled now and can't copy from HDMI stream.
Are you looking for a recorder or something that can playback content as well?
Are you looking at internal or external tuners? Both require installation of software on computer for recording purposes.

You're not going to record HD right? Tatasky HD is hdcp enabled now and can't copy from HDMI stream.
Are you looking for a recorder or something that can playback content as well?
Are you looking at internal or external tuners? Both require installation of software on computer for recording purposes.

Nah, only SD.
Looking for a recorder only. Would play the contents on PC.
But I am looking for an external recorder that doesnt have to be connected to PC everytime to record as the TV and PC is in different rooms. It should be connected to PC only to move the recorded shows to PC.
Hope you are got my point.

BTW, is that Heidi in the pic?

Not Heidi, its the little girl from Tonari no Totoro (eng title is My neighbour Totoro).

I got what you want. You want something like tatasky dvr but which can be connected to any dth provider. Unfortunately, I haven't seen such devices. All the external dvr's require some USB or some other connection to pc to record and to playback content. They don't have inbuilt hdd to store recordings I think.

Avermedia AVerTV Box PVR A229 should help you. This is compatible with almost all the Set top boxes. However this would cost you more than Rs. 5000 depending upon where you buy.

Back