PC Peripherals Suggest - All in one printer...

@axeman
Thank you for sharing. Kind of n00b.
Few questions,
Wouldnt the original head be spoiled due to continous use after keep on filling inks in tanks (e.g. 3-4 refill of tanks in 1 year time) ?
Once CISS is fitted & tanks are emply, from where do we get inks to refill ? Do Formujet or splashjets provide it ?
How long would CISS (1 refill) lasts if monthly use is around 50-80 pages (black & white).

I am looking at PIXMA MX457 as it has Print, scan, copy, fax, Wi-Fi. Can you share which Epson are you talking ?
This is for a kind of SOHO setup hence Fax, Copy & WiFI is kind of requirement. Do you see any other printer fitting in this 8000 range ?

1. If the INK quality is good, the head does not spoil. Remember, in Canon, the Ink tanks you buy are distinct from the head anyways.
2. The head has a print life, if you exceed that you need to change, regardless of having great ink.
3. CISS (Not refillable cartridge) which contains approx 80 ml per tank, will last you over 3000 pages typically in my experience.
4. for the printer mentioned, check if PG-740, CL-741 compatible CISS is available in market. you will need to call and discuss with them.
5. Formujet provides my INK supplies as well

Fax in 8000 range will not be easy. Do you really need fax?

Last edited by a moderator:
@axeman
Thank you for reply.

So this 80 ml tank will print 3000 pages. What if printer is not used for 1 month ? Will it clog the head or inks in CISS dry ?

PIXMA MX457 is coming around 7400 Rs. I have seen the finishing of it. Its far better then HP ones.
Stand alone fax would cost around 1500 Rs so having all in one with all options makes sense.

Can you please suggest which one is best for CISS of PIXMA MX457 ?
Formujet
splashjets
www.esy.co.in
Ebay seller - ink-shop-india

If not used for a month, when you start the printer, go for a simple head cleaning (its in the options).
Which CISS, you need to call each and check availability, ask what I had mentioned earlier.
Also, no one is good or bad, all use chinese products, its a question of luck of getting a bad piece.
Make sure you get reputed ink.
One more- in AIO when you add a CISS, it may not close properly (lid) as well as need some modifications to fit the ink ribbon (warranty voider), keep this in mind, as CISS are normally designed and used in standalone printers.

@Shakensoul
Final is PIXMA MX457. - Print, Scan, Fax, Copy & WiFi
Looking for right CISS kit, once confirmed will order both.
Do you have any other model in mind ?

If not used for a month, when you start the printer, go for a simple head cleaning (its in the options).
Which CISS, you need to call each and check availability, ask what I had mentioned earlier.
Also, no one is good or bad, all use chinese products, its a question of luck of getting a bad piece.
Make sure you get reputed ink.
One more- in AIO when you add a CISS, it may not close properly (lid) as well as need some modifications to fit the ink ribbon (warranty voider), keep this in mind, as CISS are normally designed and used in standalone printers.

Can you please recommand any of reputed ink brands in India ? Would like to use pigment base so it will not clog print heads.

@Shakensoul
Final is PIXMA MX457. - Print, Scan, Fax, Copy & WiFi
Looking for right CISS kit, once confirmed will order both.
Do you have any other model in mind ?

I am also on the lookout for an economical SOHO AIO....

Esy does not have compatible CISS kits for the MX 457, only for 287, 237, 2770

they are professional. what I heard from other members here. and IMO, along with ink is a pretty good deal.

@Shakensoul
Did you check with ebay vendor on the link you provided ? He seems to be pretty good at it. CISS is req for which model AIO ?

Most famous Epson TX101 is stopped, God knows why.

My requirement was Print, Scan, Fax, WiFi, Copy, This Canon PIXMA has it :)

@Shakensoul
have you already purchased or looking ? Cheapest I found was 7500.. Waiting for 15 % Off coupon :) or may be some free gift.

Back