Suggest an Al Cheapo Mobile Phone !!!

raksrules

Elite
My brother's old Nokia 6630 is on the verge of dying and need a cheap mobile phone. Following are my requirements

1. Candy Bar Design

2. Nokia or Sony Ericsson...preferably

3. FM Radio

4. Colour screen

5. Cheap....as much as it can get :eek:hyeah:

Suggestions invited...Thanks in Advance

raksrules said:
My brother's old Nokia 6630 is on the verge of dying and need a cheap mobile phone. Following are my requirements

1. Candy Bar Design

2. Nokia or Sony Ericsson...preferably

3. FM Radio

4. Colour screen

5. Cheap....as much as it can get :eek:hyeah:

Suggestions invited...Thanks in Advance

I had a similar requirement recently. Found that SE doesn't have anything good VFM in this price band. The Nokia 1661 looked good on paper but I found the keypad wasn't too comfortable.

I suggest you look at the Samsung E1200 and E1117. Both are about Rs. 1700 odd.

my suggestion would be to go for nokia 1650. cost rs. ~1700. i am using the same.

i had earlier bought Sony Ericsson J220, but it dint have a good battery life and the build quality and display quality wasn't that gr8.

additional features are torch light, multiple phonebook and some good sms storage.

if u want a phone cheaper than this then go for 2nd hand model.

samsung guru series are also worth considering. check out the smasung site.

^^ I (or for that matter anyone in my family) have never used Samsung / LG phones so were a little bit skeptical. Nothing of an issue as such. I will also see the nokia one you have suggested

mhamirma said:
my suggestion would be to go for nokia 1650. cost rs. ~1700. i am using the same.

i had earlier bought Sony Ericsson J220, but it dint have a good battery life and the build quality and display quality wasn't that gr8.

additional features are torch light, multiple phonebook and some good sms storage.

if u want a phone cheaper than this then go for 2nd hand model.

samsung guru series are also worth considering. check out the smasung site.

Yes I too had considered the Nokia 1650. I liked the 160x128 display size which is rare for a phone in this budget range. But I discarded it because it was a little bulky and also I personally didn't like the feel of the keys.

Another decent phone in this range is the LG GB106. It is among the very few phones in which FM works without the earphones connected.

Back