Suggest An Android Phone Under 12k (Minimum 3.5in Display)

1. Q: Budget?
A: 12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT, IPS etc. (Minimum 3.5in)

. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

5. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

6. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wi-Fi, Edge

7. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, multimedia, internet.

8. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Loudspeaker should be loud enough for use indoors. Don't require dual sim

9. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

1. Huawei Ideos X5 Pro (Pros: HD video recording, Can play HD videos. Cons: Camera quality is poor)
2. Huawei Ascend G300 (Pros: 4" IPS Display, Camera seems better than X5 Pro, Better looks. Cons: No HD video recording, Cannot play HD videos, Inferior GPU to X5 Pro, Low loudspeaker volume.)
3. Motorola Defy Plus (Pros: Robust Build, Good camera quality. Cons: Expensive & above budget, Not sure about Motorola services especially as they are withdrawing from India. Not too sure about resale value).
4. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 (Pros: Samsung Brand Name, Good Camera, Easy resale. Cons: Low internal memory, Bad video recording, Slower processor, No HD video playback)

I am looking at buying a budget android phone for using it for the next 6-8 months. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford a 20k android phone by then (Also hoping that good android phones like SG2 will be available around that time at about 20k). So, I need a phone which which will have a decent resale value. Also, I have a ear problem so I frequently use the loudspeaker for speaking, so this is a very important feature for me. It should be at least loud enough for use indoors even if are quite a bit of ambient sounds.

The most important features are of course the basic things like call and reception quality, signal strength, ease of use, easy typing of messages, loudspeaker volume etc. Also I want a decent camera with HD video recording if possible.

If you can stretch your budget a little then you can also consider the Sony Xperia U for ~13.5k-14k.
That device will serve you for more than 6 months and will let you wait for Cortex A15 laden dual core phones to fall under 20k.
Else you can also consider the Desire C in the 11k range.

Samsung Ace has a pathetic SoC and is the least powerful in that range. Except the camera it lacks in every other department. I would suggest looking for an alternative.

If you want still cheaper device which lets you save more for the future upgrade then consider the huawei X5 U8800 for ~8.1k. Its almost identical to the X5 pro.
Only major differences:
800MHz MSM7230 instead of the MSM8255 clocked at 1Ghz like the X5 Pro. But has the same Adreno 205 and lets you play HD videos and record them.
Official OS upgrade only till GB whereas the X5 Pro has an official ICS upgrade.

Huawei U8800 IDEOS X5 vs. Huawei U8800 Pro - GSMArena.com
Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 (Black) - Buy Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 (Black) Online at Best Price in India: Comparison, Ratings, Reviews, Specifications of Branded Mobiles: Flipkart.com

You can buy this for 8k now and I am positive you can sell such a phone off for ~4k-5k after 6 months or so.
Its a smart buy for a person who is looking to upgrade soon but doesn't want to compromise on decent power and features now.

The Sony Xperia U seems to be a very good phone except for its low memory. 4 GB user memory is too less for me. The Desire C has a slower processor and low resolutions.

Among my picks, Samsung Ace is now out of the reckoning. I would have been strongly thinking of getting the Motorola Defy Plus except for its questionable service support.

So, that leaves only the Huawei Ideos X5 Pro and the Huawei Ascend G300. Which one should I go for? I would like to get the best Android phone within my budget. Any other suggestions?

I couldn't find too many reviews of Lenovo's P700i. Saw a couple of 720p video samples and the videos seems to stutter. But it has good features and specifications. Anyway, I can't buy it as I don't think there will be any service centers in my city.

So should I go for Huawei G300 or Ideos X5 Pro? I am leaning towards the Ideos X5 Pro. Is this a good choice? I hope the Ideos X5 Pro doesn't suffer from an excessively low speaker volume. What about the Motorola Defy Plus? I'll consider it only if it is vastly superior to the Huawei phones.

So should I go for Huawei G300 or Ideos X5 Pro? I am leaning towards the Ideos X5 Pro. Is this a good choice? I hope the Ideos X5 Pro doesn't suffer from an excessively low speaker volume. What about the Motorola Defy Plus? I'll consider it only if it is vastly superior to the Huawei phones.

Go for g300 as it has got better community support. Newer phone. Huawei is going to push G series with G330 and some other phone too.

Back