Budget Above 40k Suggest an android with good cameras

Mercury

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 60k-70k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Any

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: Any

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Work , Camera needs to be solid as I like taking pictures

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference. I do travel to Europe for work , so bands should be compatible.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New.

9. Any other requirements?
A: N/A

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Pixel 7 Pro /S23

P6P has unfortunately run into issues, and I need a replacement. Considering going P7P - but no idea if they will announce P8P (not interested in P8 but would like a drop in prices heh).
Another option being S23 , but camera quality I hear is so-so , also slightly out of budget at 77k.
Also would appreciate tips on getting cheapest deal on P7P or S23. The best I can muster with my resources is online flipkart 66k for P7P and 69k for S23.

Thanks!

Last edited:
As a owner of s23. The camera is ghastly. You are better of with Pixel, OP11 or iPhone.

The camera fails to capture the color pink indoors.

You can not scan documents at all.

AF is slow AF, all moving objects are a blur.

Blues and greens are oversatuarated.

Portraits add white glow around the person causing background to go dark. Gives it very unnatural look and feels like it's shot from those mid range phones with poorly calibrated AI.

Some of these issues can be resolved with 3rd party apps. This workaround is fine for a cheap phone and not when you are spending top dollars.

Attachments

• banana-cat-crying.gif
    banana-cat-crying.gif
    254.9 KB · Views: 61
I have an s23 too. Doesn't seem to be as badly affected as yours. Did you consider visiting a service center? I think your unit may be faulty.
I did. I was advised to wait for a software update as there isn't much they can do for an issue that's widespread globally.

I had a chance to borrow S23 plus and another S23 from the office. They had the exact same issue too.

Purely for camera, Pixel 7 Pro I think is the best option - Better cameras & software, better build, faster USB-C.
But OP11 does have the better SoC, which brings few advantages like 8K 24fps recording, better WiFi, faster storage etc.

If you could exchange your old phone and/or you find bank offers, you can try to bring phones with 1" sensors like Mi 13 Pro, Vivo x90 Pro within your budget.

Should have good service network
bands should be compatible
Don't know about these, though.

Back