OC & Modding Suggest Best Cheap CPU cooler ........

Euro_Rules

Disciple
I'm in the middle of my build and silly me I thought I would be able to use New CPU cooler . :ashamed: I need CPU a cooler that will work on a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H, a AM2+ Socket CPU.:D I will be overclocking sooner or later :cool2: so though I don't want to through $$$ away I will consider all options.
My Current Config. is :

Procy : AMD Phenom x3 8650 2.40Ghz
MOBO : Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H
RAM : 2 x 2GB 800Mhz kingston RAM
GFX : GeForce XFX 9600GT 512MB
Copy Paste of my Signature :rofl:

Please suggest me Best & most imp. Cheap CPU cooler
My Budget is less than 2 to 2.5~k Max :mad:

Look for Thermalright Cogage... if that is not available then OCZ vendetta @ or sunbbeam Core Contact Freeze 120mm shall be your best bet in that price segmesnt,,,that is, if you looking for cooler ncluding fan and thermal paste.

if you want to spent a little more then Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme can be had for 3.2k odd. it too comes with fan, fan controller and paste bundled.

Euro_Rules said:
I need CPU a cooler that will work on a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H, a AM2+ Socket CPU.:D I will be overclocking sooner or later :cool2: so though I don't want to through $$$ away I will consider all options.

MOBO : Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H
RAM : 2 x 2GB 800Mhz kingston RAM
GFX : GeForce XFX 9600GT 512MB

Please suggest me Best & most imp. Cheap CPU cooler
My Budget is less than 2 to 2.5~k Max :mad:

Your options:

Thermalright Ultima90i @ 2.5k
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme @ 2.8k
Both the above will need you to buy an extra fan or two. So add another 500 bucks for a good fan.
Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer @ 2.4k is also a good choice but I have read many people complaining about its painful installation on AMD sockets in this forum itself.
OCZ Vendetta 2 @ 2.6k is probably the most value for money in this lot and hence I would recommend it.

Alternatively, you may wait for the Thermalright Cogage which would need you to buy a fan too AFAIK. The Scythe Mugen 2 @ 2.2k is also an option. I think you need to buy fans for that too.

Euro_Rules said:

How far do you think you will be able to OC this chip? Original Phenoms are terrible in overclocking. Instead, I would strongly recommend you to get an Athlon X2 for a price of a HSF.

Techalomaniac said:
Your options:

Thermalright Ultima90i @ 2.5k
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme @ 2.8k
Both the above will need you to buy an extra fan or two. So add another 500 bucks for a good fan.
Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer @ 2.4k is also a good choice but I have read many people complaining about its painful installation on AMD sockets in this forum itself.
OCZ Vendetta 2 @ 2.6k is probably the most value for money in this lot and hence I would recommend it.

Alternatively, you may wait for the Thermalright Cogage which would need you to buy a fan too AFAIK. The Scythe Mugen 2 @ 2.2k is also an option. I think you need to buy fans for that too.
Actually i am planning to order Xigmatek 120mm that why ma budget is 2~K

dvijaydev46 said:
How far do you think you will be able to OC this chip? Original Phenoms are terrible in overclocking. Instead, I would strongly recommend you to get an Athlon X2 for a price of a HSF.

+1 , buying New CPU will offer you more benifits rather then OC Phenom X3...

dvijaydev46 said:
I already tested by Overclocking it upto 2.78 :p without Cooler ...

Did you check stability with OCCT? 2.4 to 2.8, not bad, not good either. Even with a cooler, you can't expect anything more than 2.8 - 2.9, and at that speeds, the CPU will become a power gobbler (remember it's 65nm and quad core design).

dvijaydev46 said:
Did you check stability with OCCT? 2.4 to 2.8, not bad, not good either. Even with a cooler, you can't expect anything more than 2.8 - 2.9, and at that speeds, the CPU will become a power gobbler (remember it's 65nm and quad core design).
Yea I chk its stable .. :)
but that time i dont want 2 take any risk thats why i again underclocked it .. :))

AMD Phenom X3 + "XYZ" Cooler === MAX 2.9Ghz (say stable..)

Vs.

AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE ==== Stock 3.1GHz with Greater Headroom for OC..

Tell me all "WHO WILL BW WINNER ????"

dvijaydev46 said:
Stable for how long? 4 hours?
So what have you decided to do BTW? Still want go in for a cooler?

Hey look I purchased Hyper 212 @ Rs.1950
I overclocked it & see the temp. :rofl:

At Normal 20

temp4.jpg

At Load 30

temp1x.jpg

Now tell.................... :tongue:

Back