Suggest Best Courier Services - Mumbai & Pan India

Best Courier Services Mumbai & Pan India - for Electronics

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi Techenclavians,

Based on your experiences of selling - electronics / computer parts / cameras / lenses etc on TE

Suggest Best Courier Services - Mumbai & Pan India

I have a few items to sell in the next few days (includes a Microscope / Yamaha Guitar & computer cabinets / Technics Speakers 5.1 etc) - Weight of these items will vary from 250 gms to over 25 kgs.

I am aware that India Post is the cheapest - BUT A HEADACHE AS your Parcel / Packaging has to be done in front of them.

So I am clueless that apart from suggesting my selling-price how do I factor in Shipping Costs.

I wish to do the secure packaging on my own & which the courier company will NOT INSIST ON OPENING THE CONTENTS - Is this Possible ?

Lastly - does any courier service offer HOME PICK-UP services ?

Terry

Last edited:
The KYC verification on shiprocket is a nightmare ..... I guess I will try again tomorrow
Oh yes. We have to give them real aadhar number. I dunno why are they so strict. Once you complete the signup, you'll have to load up the shiprocket wallet with some money. Use some coupon and you'll get more money in the wallet. First of your shipments will be free.

You might feel UI is complicated because it was meant to used by people who are shipping thousands of packages daily. Watch some video first time. It'll become easy from next shipment.

For whatever reasons Indian govt. Income tax /nsdl /whatever uses a pathetic service called Velex courier to deliver PAN Cards !
The delivery guy have package with him for 10 days, will not deliver because he is not feeling to travel for delivery, within city limits.
Don't have even an authentic website, whatever website they have shows full trail of package transport and shows package is already delivered within 2 days passing across at least 3 states !
Never seen such a miserable service for such important documents. Don't know why they were not using Speed post.

Thank you @lockhrt999 - I will definitely check this out Shiprocket -

The KYC verification on shiprocket is a nightmare ..... I guess I will try again tomorrow

After successful KYC verification of shiprocket go to Setting > Courier > Courier Selection > Deactivated , there you will see deactivated logistic partners.
Enable Bluedart by submitting your PAN card pic ( IDK why but to activate bluedart you will have to submit PAN card separately from shiprocket KYC ) and wait for at least 3 working days to get it enabled.

I found Bluedart the cheapest and they are pretty reliable.

I was never able to complete registration with Shiprocket because they have a requirement of entering OTP on the mobile number and for some reason I never receive it.

I am on the TRAI DND, so I assume it is because they use a blacklisted provider. I complained several months ago and even recently.

They closed the ticket by asking me to call a person at a phone number to get the OTP to login which is ridiculous. Still haven't resolved the issue, so that gives an idea about their customer service.

I was never able to complete registration with Shiprocket because they have a requirement of entering OTP on the mobile number and for some reason I never receive it.

I am on the TRAI DND, so I assume it is because they use a blacklisted provider. I complained several months ago and even recently.

They closed the ticket by asking me to call a person at a phone number to get the OTP to login which is ridiculous. Still haven't resolved the issue, so that gives an idea about their customer service.
I have DND enabled on my phone but never faced any problem getting OTPs from shiprocket, they even sends an OTP on the WhatsApp (if WhatsApp is available on that number).

I have DND enabled on my phone but never faced any problem getting OTPs from shiprocket, they even sends an OTP on the WhatsApp (if WhatsApp is available on that number).
I don't have WhatsApp on that number and the OTP call for the app also fails with some weird error.

As it stands, they haven't even given any indication of resolving this issue.

Would you trust @delhivery courier services.
DELHIVERY
They just rejected my shipping to a TE member - for frivolous reasons *safety* and asked me to go through their voluminous *T&C* [which I did, & found no reasons that I violated any conditions] - to deliver an old Guitar from Mumbai to Chennai (package weight 6.8 kgs), after I paid their Shipping Charges and the buyer was assured of the secure packaging I provided.

I have also asked them if they made a mistake in calculating real *shipping charges* for which I would bear the cost..... and no reply as yet.

Buyer has made all full charges to me - and we are stuck today.

DELHIVERY does not have any customer care contact no - and your only recourse is through emails direct.support@delhivery.com
@codelad

Attachments

• AWB - 2827715560262_01.jpg
    AWB - 2827715560262_01.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 69
  • AWB - 2827715560262_04.jpg
    AWB - 2827715560262_04.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 71
@terence_fdes I belive my experience with delhivery might provide insight in to the *safety* concern from delhivery. About 2/3 years ago I sold 12 gpus to a forum member here. The package weighted about 18kg(I forgot the exact weight), I packed it with soo much extra stuffings that evan a significant fall will not damage the gpu. I packed them in box of about 3ft high with stickers on all sides saying fragile, keep uprigth, dont stack, etc. When the person came to pick up, the first thing he did after picking up the box was to just trow it in the back of the van with no regard for anything. By luck none of the gpu's were damaged in the transit. When I called the local collection center manager about it he said this happens all too often and some times they will refuce pickup of the package if it looks like it could be damaged in transit. I dont know if that is the reason in your case but I hope my experice provides you with a bit of extra information.

Regards

@terence_fdes I belive my experience with delhivery might provide insight in to the *safety* concern from delhivery. About 2/3 years ago I sold 12 gpus to a forum member here. The package weighted about 18kg(I forgot the exact weight), I packed it with soo much extra stuffings that evan a significant fall will not damage the gpu. I packed them in box of about 3ft high with stickers on all sides saying fragile, keep uprigth, dont stack, etc. When the person came to pick up, the first thing he did after picking up the box was to just trow it in the back of the van with no regard for anything. By luck none of the gpu's were damaged in the transit. When I called the local collection center manager about it he said this happens all too often and some times they will refuce pickup of the package if it looks like it could be damaged in transit. I dont know if that is the reason in your case but I hope my experice provides you with a bit of extra information.

Regards
Thank you so much @b.life - it is precisely this - our REAL Personal Experiences - which will help us all out here on @TechEnclave

So even DELHIVERY's weights are pretty random. In the past I have booked the Extra Large shipment to send clothes, coffee, cables, etc. The package weighed less than 7kgs, The Weight limit was 10, However the pick up person would keep rejecting it saying the package weight is showing as 7.35 KGs.

The issue I feel with the guitar was that it's an odd size to carry on a bike.

The only way to contact DELHIVERY is via email or complain on social media.
Also, good to see you back @terence_fdes I remember all you advice from 7-8 years ago while I was trying to build an Edit/VFX rig

When the person came to pick up, the first thing he did after picking up the box was to just trow it in the back of the van with no regard for anything.
I have visited the warehouse of some major logistic companies in my city and all I have seen is total chaos.
They just toss around packages as if they are playing catch catch, they don't care if there are warning signs on them.
So your best bet is packaging with the best of your ability.

Back