Graphic Cards Suggest Best Graphic Card Under 8K

MrGhost

Adept
PC Config:

CPU - C2D E7500
RAM - 2 GB DDR3
Mobo - G41

Please suggest the best graphics card under 8K for the above configuration. Need it for a friend. He will play mostly at 720p. So need something that can give good frame rates at 720p. Full HD gaming would be a bonus. The budget is fixed. Can compromise by playing at lower settings if need be but need to fit the card under 8K only. We'll be getting a Corsair CX430v2 either from the TE market or brand new. I am also open to suggestions of any used higher end cards as well. To sum it up, i want the best gaming performance for under 8K. Also, would prefer a low power consuming card. Need to strike the right balance between performance and power consumption (am open to both NVIDIA and AMD cards) as will be using the PC for the better part of the day. Nearly all types of games would be played with no preference to any particular genre.

Please suggest as soon as possible!

TIA :)

Go with AMD HD7750 ~ 7.5k, it will handle games at 720p pretty well. Also, you should tell your friend to put more system RAM say another 2GB DDR3 stick for better system performance.

^ You can't go even wrong with GTX 550Ti, it performs more or less equal to HD7750 but draws 2X Power as compared to the latter.

Not worth it, the card draws more power for the same performance. Also the Fermi cards have been superseded by the Kepler based GTX6** series so driver based improvements is also off the cards (pun-intended).

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12 --> Benchmark run validating the same.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

yeah i read about power consumption about 550ti also this friend is not putting his whole day on gaming and he just looking for one time investment on GPU for almost 3-4 years and his budget is also strict so i'm just unsure about 7750 or 550ti also is any other option do i have ???

yeah i read about power consumption about 550ti also this friend is not putting his whole day on gaming and he just looking for one time investment on GPU for almost 3-4 years and his budget is also strict so i'm just unsure about 7750 or 550ti also is any other option do i have ???

AMD HD6770 OR AMD HD6850 (second-hand). That segment is dominated by AMD.

If you can effect a budget upto ~9000/- he can also look at the AMD HD7770 GHz edition OR nVidia's GTX650.

Also what SMPS does he have, please not a local one. =| Other wise he needs to upgrade that as well.

@Maya2009 go for either of these --
  • Corsair CX v2430W ~2800/-
  • Seasonic S12II 430W ~3200/-
  • Cooler Master GX450W ~3500/-
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Maya2009 to tag other members, use @instead of #.

The main difference is that the CX series is by Corsair and the GX series is by Cooler Master.

For reviews on them both Google Johnny Guru reviews for the same, for some reason I cannot post them here.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Having used the Sapphire HD 7750 on my i3 PC with a Gigabyte Mobo, I can heavily vouch for it. Its really good for its price, and plays every game thrown at it with no issues! I've even play NFS on full HD on my TV and it works really well with that too! For 7k, its surely a good deal.

I don't know the technicalities of SMPS, but I use a Corsair CX 430V2. Well built, nice cables, no noise and wonderful performance & efficiency!

Back