Graphic Cards Suggest best Graphics card, 5K Budget

I am currently using XFX 7900gs 256mb ddr3. I want to play play games like Velvet Assassin, GTA 4, Bully Scholarship Edition etc at highest settings. So, please suggest me a good graphics card at around 5k. Also point out the positive points of the recomended graphics card. Mention the current market price and source if possible.
My Config.

Core 2 Duo E4500
2gb DDR2 677 mhz
250gb Sata
Frontech 450w PSU
Biostar 945 Motherboard
BenQ 20" LCD.

Thanks.

Will these cards play all games of 2009 at high settings with all effects on? also mention the current market price and source if possible. Thanx.

raheelshadab said:
Will these cards play all games of 2009 at high settings with all effects on? also mention the current market price and source if possible. Thanx.

gaming is largly depend on what resolution and settings (graphic details).

if you are playing at 1024*768(15" & 17" monitor) , the card you need > ati 4670(4.2k),4770(6.5-8k),nvidia 9600gt(5k) ,

if you are playing at 1440*900 (19" monitor)- ideal card, ati 4850,4870.nvidia gts 250,9800gt(6.5k)

there are two category of games:

elite camp - oblivion ,Crysis,GTA IV -- > you need a very good processor (quad core) for get the best of our this game. Also a high end graphics card is required to play the game at high definition.Also you need 1gb gpu memory to play these texture heavy games to play at max settings.

generic camp- all other games comes into this category ( COD series, Racing games, POP,COJ etc) you can play these games with any mainstream graphics card (ati 4850,4770, nvidia gts 350,9800gt) or even entry level cards( ati 4670,nvidia 9600gt) and C2D process with 2gb of ddr2 ram(winxp)

Another one major aspect is power supply. Except ati 4670, all other cards needs a decent power supply unit which will cost you atleast 2.5k (gigabyte) to 3.3(corsair 400cx)

for online price check the following sites (few of thems are TE registered dealers);

theitwares.com

lynx-india.com

mediahome.in

primeabgb.com

techshop.in

also explore the forum for more information,good luck:hap2:

PS: as per your config, your cpu will be a major bottleneck for playing 2009 games at max settings. You can either go for complete system upgrade or wait for till the year end. Or you can just upgrade your psu and get an used 4850,9600gt or 4670 from TE market section

You will need to upgrade your power supply before you can run any of the cards mentioned above except perhaps the HD 4670.
If i were you, i'd stick to the 7900 for now.
Sell your current motherboard and get a Gigabyte G31M ES2L(2.4k) instead, the old motherboard should cover about half the cost of the new one. Once on the new board, OC your processor to ~3 Ghz or so, pretty do-able on the stock cooler.
Next sell your 667Mhz sticks and go for 800 or 1066 (800 would be most VFM), again you'll have to put in a small amount comparatively...
This should give you a decent performance boost.

Eventually when you have the cash/in future, get a good PSU that won't limit your GPU choices, then the GPU. I don't recommend anything below HD 4770/4850 for ~20 inch or so gaming.

Amien said:
You will need to upgrade your power supply before you can run any of the cards mentioned above except perhaps the HD 4670.

If i were you, i'd stick to the 7900 for now.

Sell your current motherboard and get a Gigabyte G31M ES2L(2.4k) instead, the old motherboard should cover about half the cost of the new one. Once on the new board, OC your processor to ~3 Ghz or so, pretty do-able on the stock cooler.

Next sell your 667Mhz sticks and go for 800 or 1066 (800 would be most VFM), again you'll have to put in a small amount comparatively...

This should give you a decent performance boost.

Eventually when you have the cash/in future, get a good PSU that won't limit your GPU choices, then the GPU. I don't recommend anything below HD 4770/4850 for ~20 inch or so gaming.

very good suggestion:)

How about going for second hand 4850 or 9800gt at 5k? anyone selling in this forum? Recently bought CM 600W PSU.

By the way, thanks so much for replies.

raheelshadab said:
How about going for second hand 4850 or 9800gt at 5k? anyone selling in this forum? Recently bought CM 600W PSU.

go for 9800GT @ 5.5k.. CM600W will handle it

for 20" monitor, its enough..no need to spend xtra money on oder xpensive cards

raheelshadab said:

how much to pay for the CM600w psu - this one is "once-a-darling-now-a-b**ch" - not a good choice

Back