Suggest best Nokia phone for my parents - within 2k

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys my mom's nokia handset conked off and want to buy a new phone for her. Please suggest a VFM nokia phone. I hope except smartphones Nokia's basic models are worth the price and are well built...

thanx in advance...

Nokia X1-01 ~ 1.5k from letsbuy after applying the RCOMLB1 coupon.

It has dedicated music buttons and also has dual SIM stand by mode. It also huge 1320mAh battery. But it lacks bluetooth and microUSB port. But has a microSD slot though.

If bluetooth is a must then the C1-02.

^^ Guys from where do you get at these prices ? Only from letsbuy. To be frank i hate online shopping and dealers like poorvika, univercell sell the x1-01 for 1.8k and the c1-02 for 1.7k. WHere in Chennai can i get either of the two for 1.5k guys ?.

anfjavid said:
But it will take atleast a week and there is no assurance that the product is new or used, right ??

The product is new.

The site is not like ebay where others sell second hand stuff, letsbuy, flipkart are completely manged by the company themselves. All the products they sell, they are liable for it.

I bought one x1-01 from flipkart by COD for Rs1826/- and one from letsbuy with discount @ Rs1556/- at the same time on Sunday night. I got the flipkart order delivered on tuesday and the letsbuy one was delivered on wednesday. Flipkart infact has there own delivery system which helps the product reach faster.

DarkAngel said:
Nokia X1-01 ~ 1.5k from letsbuy after applying the RCOMLB1 coupon.

It has dedicated music buttons and also has dual SIM stand by mode. It also huge 1320mAh battery. But it lacks bluetooth and microUSB port. But has a microSD slot though.

If bluetooth is a must then the C1-02.

Me too interested in Nokia X1-01.

But,heard that is has restart problem ?

Is this phone really reliable ?

I want phone which will be reliable and perfect for rough condition and daily use for call,SMS and Music with FM too.

I've been using the x1-01 for over a week now. No reboot problems that I have encountered.

The only issue with the phone is that it is not really dual sim. When one sim is in use/active/messaging, the other sim will not be reachable. I had my main Airtel and secondary Aircel sim in. The Aircel sim used to constantly search for the network and every time it did that, my Airtel went out of coverage. So, i had to remove the Aircel sim and use it as single sim phone. It mentions the same in the manual that it's not really a dual sim.

I'm having thoughts of suing nokia for false advertising.

Virus.exe said:
I've been using the x1-01 for over a week now. No reboot problems that I have encountered.

The only issue with the phone is that it is not really dual sim. When one sim is in use/active/messaging, the other sim will not be reachable. I had my main Airtel and secondary Aircel sim in. The Aircel sim used to constantly search for the network and every time it did that, my Airtel went out of coverage. So, i had to remove the Aircel sim and use it as single sim phone. It mentions the same in the manual that it's not really a dual sim.

I'm having thoughts of suing nokia for false advertising.

Thanks so much for clarifying things. Can some Samsung guru 1252 users clarify whether it is true dual sime. So much confusion in these dual sim phones, the chinese phones were good that way. Both active with separate signal bars for both of them. Does such phones from a branded manufacturer exist?

^Most low end phones are dual SIM standby.

ie., Both SIM's are active. So you can receive call or message in both of them.

But when you are in call using SIM 1 then SIM 2 is deactivated and will say switched off or not reachable and vice-verse.

But the Samsung Duos range is both SIMs active at all times. Even when you are in call using SIM1 and if someone calls your SIM2 you will get a call waiting status.

Then what's the meaning if this ?
Searching for signal :S
Virus.exe said:
The Aircel sim used to constantly search for the network and every time it did that, my Airtel went out of coverage. So, i had to remove the Aircel sim and use it as single sim phone.
Samsung Guru E1252 Really a Dual Active phone but it has no memory card slot that means no music except only the FM.
Nokia X1-01 not dual active but good for music with memory card slot.
Am I wrong ?.....:S

just manipulate your call forwarding to get pseudo-dual active. set both call forwarding to each other when not reachable. worked brilliantly for me. the other side wont hear 'out of reach', anymore. they'll either hear a ring, or busy tone.

if this particular phone doesn't have call forwarding, put sim in another phone (that has the feature) to activate it. basically, the settings are set to the network, and to deactivate call forwarding, use the other phone once again.

sim 1 (out of reach coz sim 2 is busy) ---> call forward ----> sim 2 ----> caller hears "busy" tone.

DarkAngel said:
^Most low end phones are dual SIM standby.

ie., Both SIM's are active. So you can receive call or message in both of them.

But when you are in call using SIM 1 then SIM 2 is deactivated and will say switched off or not reachable and vice-verse.

But the Samsung Duos range is both SIMs active at all times. Even when you are in call using SIM1 and if someone calls your SIM2 you will get a call waiting status.

What I've understood that the low end dual SIM standby phones, I think, achieve the dual standby by using switching method. So for example in one minute, may be for 30 second time they are on one network and switches to other for rest of 30 seconds. This switching happens automatically and hence most of the time you are able to receive call and sms on both sims. However in order not to break an ongoing call, the switching is stopped, hence the not reachable tone. Further in low signal areas this continuous switching may be problematic. A dual active phone may not have these problems since it will come with two separate transceivers, but of course the battery drain will be much more. The Chinese phones had this facility and that's why they showed two signal bars, one for each sim and had two IMEI as well I think.

I welcome to be corrected.

how can call forwarding be free?

when you forward calls and caller picks up, standard charges apply. no charges for forwarded calls not picked up.

e.g. in a dual sim setup, if you're on call on sim2, then someone calling sim1 will usually get "out of coverage area". now, that wont happen with call forwarding (also called call diverting in nokias). sim1, since its out of coverage area will forward the call to sim2 -> if sim2 is still busy, caller will hear "busy" tone, or if sim2 picks up, there will be standard call charges on sim1 (for calling sim2).

i never picked forwarded calls. instead called back the caller after getting his/her missed call entry. exactly like you'd do on a more expensive dual-active. my dual sim phone was a chinese one costing 1200 Rs. that i used for a month while traveling.

Back