Suggest best Nokia phone for my parents - within 2k

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys my mom's nokia handset conked off and want to buy a new phone for her. Please suggest a VFM nokia phone. I hope except smartphones Nokia's basic models are worth the price and are well built...

thanx in advance...

bigbyte said:
What I've understood that the low end dual SIM standby phones, I think, achieve the dual standby by using switching method. So for example in one minute, may be for 30 second time they are on one network and switches to other for rest of 30 seconds. This switching happens automatically and hence most of the time you are able to receive call and sms on both sims. However in order not to break an ongoing call, the switching is stopped, hence the not reachable tone. Further in low signal areas this continuous switching may be problematic. A dual active phone may not have these problems since it will come with two separate transceivers, but of course the battery drain will be much more. The Chinese phones had this facility and that's why they showed two signal bars, one for each sim and had two IMEI as well I think.
I welcome to be corrected.

The nokia x1-01 has 2 signal bars, 1 for each sim and the phone has 2 IMEI numbers as well. But still, the moment one sim is either sending out a message or recieving one or a call for that matter, the signal on the other sim disappears.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Revolution said:
Then what's the meaning if this ?
Searching for signal :S

Normally, the sim sends a signal to the network during certain intervals to inform the network of it's availability, similarly, the network sometimes searches for the sim to verify it's availability. If you keep your phone near a speaker, you can hear this communication every so many minutes.

Back