Suggest Best Place in Mumbai to Buy a PS3

Freefrag

Adept
I am planning to buy a brand new PS3 Slim 160GB with an extra wired controller,need help in finding the best prices in Mumbai.Swift advice would be appreciated as I am planning to buy it this week or next week :)

P.S.Not interested in the Move bundle.

1 - shivam electronics heera panna[good seller and a decent guy]

2 - croma,pheonix mills or anywhere near. [added 2 year warranty if you are ready to pay some extra amount.highly recommended]

3 - origin games - one shop is in malad inorbit mall and another is in pheonix mall jst at the side of croma[reputed seller]

any problems with address pm me.

vantheman5211 said:
1 - shivam electronics heera panna[good seller and a decent guy]

2 - croma,pheonix mills or anywhere near. [added 2 year warranty if you are ready to pay some extra amount.highly recommended]

3 - origin games - one shop is in malad inorbit mall and another is in pheonix mall jst at the side of croma[reputed seller]

any problems with address pm me.
Thanks for the reply but do you have any price quotes from these stores ??

Freefrag said:
Thanks for the reply but do you have any price quotes from these stores ??
the prices would almost be same mate.best thing about this is the origin games and croma are in pheonix mills only so you can always compare the prices. but i would rather you take from croma and get the added 2 year warranty.look at the reliability factor more than the price when you buy the ps3.it is a awesome piece of hardware but its always better to be covered for 3 years rather than 1.and as of now only croma offers this extended warranty.

yep intencity also is a good option.he has a shop in pune hence you will have to get it online.i have purchased lots of stuff from him and he has always been reliable.

Well I personally am a big time sufferer of paranoia so i would suggest you to buy from Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Camera Store because of the reason that they have Cash on delivery and the item would be delivered to your house and they'll collect cash.

And price is lower than Intencity.

Flipkart (Rs. 18,399) - Sony PS3 160GB (Black): Flipkart Game Console

Intencity (Rs. 19,000) - Intencity - Sony PS3 Slim 160GB

So why buy from Intencity when there's a risk of shipping?

There have been cases of open boxes packed again and later found the console not working,

One of forums member reported that console purchased from them were found to be opened and sealed and which had gone kaput later,

All of you thanks for your inputs, just needed to confirm that does anyone in Mumbai or online sell wired controllers for the PS3 other than Sony (can't seem to find them anywhere).Do not like wireless controllers that much.

I don't think there are any wired controllers for the PS3. But i don't get why you do not like the wireless controllers? Its not like the 360 wireless controllers where u have to keep replacing it's batteries, the PS3 DualShock 3 has an inbuilt battery which is charged by a cord.

Freefrag said:
^^ thanks for the reply,is there a cheaper alternative to the sony wireless controller :p ?
when i was a noob, back in 06/07 i used to buy "cheap" ps2 controllers for rs. 250. They used to break on me every 3 months or so, i dunno why you wanna do that.

But if you still wanna do that, get a cheapo controller off www.dealextreme.com

Freefrag said:
^^ thanks for the reply,is there a cheaper alternative to the sony wireless controller :p ?
There are but I am not sure if you know of the PS3's DS3 controller as yet. The controller has the Li-ion battery built within the unit. Ideally a non-replaceable battery but there are replacements floating in the market. The DS3 can be charged from virtually any USB port - I have charged mine through the netbook, the LCD TV, the iPhone charger and ofc the PS3. :p

This is one of the advantages the DS3 offers over the X360 controller which requires you to use a play and charge kit or keep replaceable batteries ready.

There are several alternatives for the DS3 but none offers the six-axis control. So games which require this input will leave you with no option but to revert back to the DS3 itself.

MadCatz, Logitech, Nyko, dreamGEAR, Thrustmaster etc. offer the DS3 alternatives.

@jojo: There are no issues with using these alternatives since they are all licensed to be used with the console. So the question of genuinity doesn't arise. :)

Back