Suggest books for Perl and Ruby !

Scorpy

Adept
I would like to learn both Perl and Ruby languages can any one please suggest some good books to learn them . I would like a book that taught from basics till all the advances features . For python I have Dive into python . I already know C++ and Java till the "college" level . So don't really need any books on programming basics .

Learning Perl and programming perl(written by languagemcreator) are the best books on perl. You could read The Ruby Prograaming language by the ruby creator and The Ruby Way.

Ruby pragmatic programmer is some old old book is it ? I cannot find any new version of it ... I found 2005 version :p .. can you please also give the link .

And can't seem to find the book for perl either :p .. damn :X

Ok I found pragmatic programmer for ruby ... but Perl books I cannot find anywhere .. and apex .. I hate those headfirst books they suck :p ...

Learning Perl , Programming Perl takes a step further.

Golden Rule is take the thinnest book and then start studying

For beginners in Perl, haven't come across a better book than Learning Perl. It is available for purchase online from 2 reputed sites for 275 INR. If you don't mind shelling out a few bucks, this book would be completely worth it for a beginner.

Flipkart.com: Learning Perl, 5th Edition: Randal L. Schwartz, Tom Phoenix, Brian D Foy (9788184044263)
Learning Perl, 5th Edition: Randal L: PB Books Buy Learning Perl, 5th Edition India: - Infibeam.com

Once comfortable with the basics, Programming Perl and the Perl Blackbook are recommended

agantuk said:
For beginners in Perl, haven't come across a better book than Learning Perl. It is available for purchase online from 2 reputed sites for 275 INR. If you don't mind shelling out a few bucks, this book would be completely worth it for a beginner.

Flipkart.com: Learning Perl, 5th Edition: Randal L. Schwartz, Tom Phoenix, Brian D Foy (9788184044263)

Learning Perl, 5th Edition: Randal L: PB Books Buy Learning Perl, 5th Edition India: - Infibeam.com

Once comfortable with the basics, Programming Perl and the Perl Blackbook are recommended
Not Perl cookbook but Advanced Programming Perl is the final stop for perl.

Back