Suggest bwt Samsung/LG/Voltas Split AC

Tech33

Disciple
Hi

I am planning to buy 1.5 Ton Split AC having 3 star Rating for my room. Since budget is a constrain so i am having a tough time deciding bwt Samsung, Voltas and LG. I request you all to help me decide best and reliable among these.

Regards
Tech33

Buy Samsung.. Did research and got one last week. Reasons...

- Checked with various mechanics... Durable compressor for domestic standards ( Not for office heavy duty though)

- 3 star is good enuf for household as the cost difference is significant b/w 3,4 and 5 star

- Buy the new AS183CSBNXT 1.5 ton Split. Apart from doing its job, it also looks very elegant, has a nice bed lamp and the remote glows in the dark so that you dont have to switch the light to change temperature. Also, no noise.

- LG is not doing gr8 in Acs these days. Voltas is good but plain and simple.. Also, costwise, generally costlier than Samsung. Dont buy Onida, Whirlpool etc... not dependable.

- I got this unit of Samsung for Rs.25k + 2k for Vguard stabilizer... hope the dealer didnt rip me off...

All the best

Samsung is way better than the others specified here. They have released a new model which can operate from 130-290 volt. Which means there is no need of a stabilizer. The model is not yet published in internet, however i found this with a dealer in chennai. They quote 24900 inclusive of installation and free delivery. No stabilizer included though.... even i am choosing to go for samsung.

kishore.chander said:
Samsung is way better than the others specified here. They have released a new model which can operate from 130-290 volt. Which means there is no need of a stabilizer. The model is not yet published in internet, however i found this with a dealer in chennai. They quote 24900 inclusive of installation and free delivery. No stabilizer included though.... even i am choosing to go for samsung.

Is this for 1 or 1.5 ton?
Anyways... if you live in a city like Cochin where wind and rain can send in some sweet high voltage up your A/c... you might stick to a reliable V guard stabilizer. God knows what stabilizer samsung has integrated in!

@ all Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would love to opt for 5 start but price

differnce bwt 3 star and 5 star is very much also my AC usage will be limited to 6 hours per day

at the max so i am not opting for 5 star. Although Onida is good but Somehow i do not trust it.

@ ripper thank you for your detailed input. Can you give me the link of the Samsung AC model that you posted i am not able to locate it anywhere :(

Regards

Tech33

Tech33 said:
@ all Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would love to opt for 5 start but price

differnce bwt 3 star and 5 star is very much also my AC usage will be limited to 6 hours per day

at the max so i am not opting for 5 star. Although Onida is good but Somehow i do not trust it.

@ ripper thank you for your detailed input. Can you give me the link of the Samsung AC model that you posted i am not able to locate it anywhere :(

Regards

Tech33

Well, its the new line from samsung, along with their new stabilizer free Acs.

My model needs a stabby though!

You wont find this model on their website as it still carries the old model details ( been planning to buy since last year.. following their site closely :))

Go to a dedicated Samsung showroom and u r most likely to find this model. ( The Cochin guy went out of stock when I went for a second purchase for a friend)

Just ask him for the following features:

- 1.5 ton with 3 star

- Slim solution ( Indoor unit looks smaller... similar to a 1 ton unit)

He may show u this model, or if he still has the last year stock, show u the AS183ETA ( I hope I am right)... This is exactly similar to the new model. See if u can get any price discounts... I got mine for 25k net + 2k for stabilizer

Back