Suggest : Canon DSLR within 35k Range

-Anish-

Skilled
One of my friend had got a Canon Photocopy machine worth 60L :S and with that he got a coupon of 22% off on any Canon product. So need to use that :eek:hyeah:

Please suggest a decent DSLR within 35k range which has Live View enabled and finding a lens in the future should not be tough. Need a default lens with the body though :gap:

If you think there is a good cam which is not a Canon, please do let me know.

Cams that i have narrowed down are :

1. Canon EOS 1000D Digital SLR Camera - 10 Megapixel

2. Sony α (alpha) DSLR-A200 Camera Body + 1870 Zoom Lens

3. jjmehta.com eShop (both)

4. Need more suggestion and why.
Thanks,
Anish

if im not mistaken... the Nikon D40 or D60 and the EOS1000D should fall in range.

check them out at Croma

|Anish| said:
am actually looking for newer technology/model. afaik 450D is somewhat old ?

Does it have live view ?

yep it does have live view and it is old since the newer eos500d has been launched but its out of his budget,sony are however launching the new alpha but they are nothing more then old cameras with newer body and tweaks in UI.
but since he has got the canon 22% off he can use it for a canon dslr.

actually you could really skip the 1000D and go with either the D60 or the EOS450D.

Frankly even the EOS450D would not be my first pick if the EOS500D was available, but then again Canon has not yet launched the 500D in India and thats the reason the 450D is more expensive than it is abroad.

Once the 500D comes in, Canon should gradually revise its (450D) price downwards.

mach9 said:
actually you could really skip the 1000D and go with either the D60 or the EOS450D.

Frankly even the EOS450D would not be my first pick if the EOS500D was available, but then again Canon has not yet launched the 500D in India and thats the reason the 450D is more expensive than it is abroad.

Once the 500D comes in, Canon should gradually revise its (450D) price downwards.

well the nikon D5000 is launched and MRP for body is about 48k,should be cheaper in the greymarket.

thanks for all the suggestions, but i am still confused :S :ashamed:

i might buy the camera this month end or the end of 1st week of June, any idea if any new models coming up till then?

My budget is strictly 35k and below, and first preference goes to Canon as i have a coupon handy which is 22% off! :)

So narrowing down to Canon 450D (live view = yes) and Canon D60(Live View = ?) Which one is better and whats the price ?

:rofl:

no idea what it can print, but he runs a Photo Studio. He got 5 of those machines already :S

and he got 2 Canon D1000 DSLR's complimentary :gap:

^which he uses of course :|

|Anish| said:
So narrowing down to Canon 450D (live view = yes) and Canon D60(Live View = ?) Which one is better and whats the price ?

my vote goes for the EOS 450D ,nikon D60 doesn't have auto focus motor.

get the EOS 500 D bro.Its just been launched here...

15.1 MP and FULL HD Video....

Msrp @ canon's website is 52K with 18-55mm lens.. and 46 k for body only..

reduce 22% and thats very close to your budget of 35K..

cheers bro..

toolius said:
get the EOS 500 D bro.Its just been launched here...
15.1 MP and FULL HD Video....
Msrp @ canon's website is 52K with 18-55mm lens.. and 46 k for body only..
reduce 22% and thats very close to your budget of 35K..
cheers bro..

thats ~ 35k for the body only, the lens might cost another 6-7k ?

I never had 40D, there are 2 different Anishs in the forum :p

I dont think 40D has a live view. That is a very important thing that i need.

janitha said:
Yes, it has liveview. But is it that important? For specifications-

EOS 40D Kit EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS - Digital Cameras - Canon India

It is important as i am buying it specifically for someone who would be taking pictures in difficult angles, hence she would need that live view or whatever it is :S

Thanks for that link Janitha

PS : :ashamed: the price is 73k on the website. By the way, how old is this camera in the market ?

Back