Car & Bike Suggest car for max 4L, city driving only (Mumbai)

Being.smart

Adept
Dec 19, 2011
Google
www.google.com
Where can u cruise in the city at 80 to 100

Seriously dude your posts just make me wonder who you are
Phew

Actually i was mentioning it regarding highway cruise which he might plan to take sometime :D

Also, i would like to mention, our city has got a six-lane road without a single signal :p running through-out the center of the city, and traffic here is ok-ok, everyone cruise here normally @ 70-80, and if you want, you can easily go for 100 anytime :p.

Some might say its dangerous, but its how traffic moves here.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Guys the car that we are going to buy is to be used in Mumbai. But I need to know whether we will have substantially cost less of we bought the car from outside Mumbai jurisdiction, like Thane or something ? Someone had mentioned me to buy car from outside Mumbai (but within Maharashtra).

Also say there is good price difference and we do buy a car from outside Mumbai, say Thane or Pune, we will still get a MH registered number some can drive the car in Mumbai without paying any additional road tax or anything right ?

Superbad

Skilled
May 26, 2009
Guys the car that we are going to buy is to be used in Mumbai. But I need to know whether we will have substantially cost less of we bought the car from outside Mumbai jurisdiction, like Thane or something ? Someone had mentioned me to buy car from outside Mumbai (but within Maharashtra).

Also say there is good price difference and we do buy a car from outside Mumbai, say Thane or Pune, we will still get a MH registered number some can drive the car in Mumbai without paying any additional road tax or anything right ?

yes , you save on registration and road tax. this would although reflect in the resale value too.

would like to add the option of nissan micra active variant for your consideration :)

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Ok so we have mostly finalized on getting the Hyundai Eon. The Era+ model in it.
Anyone knows what is the best price we can get for this in Mumbai or anything else to say about this ?

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
Ok so we have mostly finalized on getting the Hyundai Eon. The Era+ model in it.
Anyone knows what is the best price we can get for this in Mumbai or anything else to say about this ?

Firstly. congratulations on making the right decision with the car. You have chosen the right car and the right model.
The great thing about Hyundai is you have a fair amount of dealerships available. Go to at least 3 different dealerships and haggle for the best price.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Congo boss for your new upcoming car :X:X

When we will be having baby shower party ? ? :happy:

Unfortunately I am not buying any car as of now and it is not for me too. It is my FIL who is buying for his family. I have never even driven a car in India (except training school few years back).
Moreover i will be buying an Automatic whenever i buy (which i have no idea when).

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi

Bro sry to interfere with ur decision but better go for i10 1.1 if ur on a budget....
How much difference is in ur selected model and i10 1.1 era ?

Eon is too small and engine is not powerfull bro....
Go for i10 if ur able to get in ur budget

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I will ask my FIL but he probably went to the showroom and did the basic checks and then only drilled down on Eon. Also personally i have almost no knowledge about vehicles so i do not try to be more pushing in this matter.
Engine power is not an issue as i mentioned it is only for city driving.

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
I will ask my FIL but he probably went to the showroom and did the basic checks and then only drilled down on Eon. Also personally i have almost no knowledge about vehicles so i do not try to be more pushing in this matter.
Engine power is not an issue as i mentioned it is only for city driving.

I have been car freak since my birth :)
Have pretty decent knowledge of cars which is more than enough for decision making and suggestions

Check price difference between his selected model of eon and i10 1.1era
If it is max 25k then go for i10

Only basic model of eon who is on budget of 3lakh shld go with eon...who can spend over 3.5-4L i10 eyes closed

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I have been car freak since my birth :)
Have pretty decent knowledge of cars which is more than enough for decision making and suggestions

Check price difference between his selected model of eon and i10 1.1era
If it is max 25k then go for i10

Only basic model of eon who is on budget of 3lakh shld go with eon...who can spend over 3.5-4L i10 eyes closed

Ok so i am checking carwale.com which gives some approx figures

Eon Era + ----------> 3,90,340
i10 Era 1.1 iRDE2 ------> 4,82,605

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Ok i shall tell him to get price from showroom itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1373265189][/DOUBLEPOST]On a side note, Automatics are damn costly compared to same car in Manual. :(
Hope i am able to get one some day.

SaTo

Disciple
May 19, 2008
It seems decision is already made..but new Alto800 is also a good buy with refined engine, gearshift and new interiors and within 4L category.
I have a factoy fitted CNG and drive it in Pune with avg speed of 50kmph, and on weekends travel to Mumbai with max speed of 120 on highway. Car has good stability.

I test drove K10 and Alto 800 both, K10 has new outside looks with added features like fog lamps and good power but interior is same as Old alto and that actually changed my decision to go for new Alto800.

The spare parts cost for Maruti is too less as compared to Hyundai. (have i10 Sportz at home) and excellent ASS of Maruti. The Customer care will follow up with you for feedback after each service.

Generally we always first go for the looks of the car, but there are lot of other things to be considered especially *The Mileage in city* Maruti is best if you compare it closely to the price you pay.

After-all India always drive home in Maruti Suzuki. :happy::happy:

Reactions: imkaush

creative420

Adept
Aug 25, 2010
Bangalore
My vote goes to WagonR. For the following reasons:
1. It's a car for your FIL who'll find the ingress and egress comfortable.
2. Maruti A$$.
3. The new cars deliver outstanding mileage. (My brother owns one and he gets 16-17kmpl with 100% AC). If you go for CNG variant, one tankful of CNG i.e. 280 bucks will deliver about 170-180 kms. So that puts it to 1.25rs/km.
4. Amazing resale value.
5. Good ground clearance.
6. If he has never driven a car, then Waggy offers amazing visibility.

Reactions: imkaush