Suggest car vacuum cleaner

raksrules

Elite
Looking to buy a car vacuum cleaner. Long back I have used those wired ones which are powered by the car's 12v power socket. I feel those are under powered and mostly useless.
I see on amazon now there are many options, many cordless ones which claim to be high powered but when you see reviews, some people say it is not having enough power and all.
I would appreciate if people who have actually used good quality ones (cordless) and can suggest it would be great. Not too expensive though.

Would suggest to have a normal vacuum cleaner. I have karcher one and it suits both car + home. Obvious disadvantages apply here like it is huge and requires full AC power.

I stay away from the portable ones, though they may be useful for day to day light car cleaning.

Looking to buy a car vacuum cleaner. Long back I have used those wired ones which are powered by the car's 12v power socket. I feel those are under powered and mostly useless.
I see on amazon now there are many options, many cordless ones which claim to be high powered but when you see reviews, some people say it is not having enough power and all.
I would appreciate if people who have actually used good quality ones (cordless) and can suggest it would be great. Not too expensive though.
Cheap car vaccums are mostly useless. You need a proper cordless vacuum for that purpose or if you have a socket nearby, then a conventional vacuum is also good.

Coming to the options, I personally use a Dyson V11 and a Roidmi F8, both are good and come with motorised upholstery brushes for that deep cleaning of fabrics. Dyson ofcourse is not a pocket friendly option but does the job much better. Roidmi F8 was once a flagship device but being sold in clearance now. It used to be sold at 20k in Croma/Reliance digital but it came down to 7k during Flipkart BBD sale.

Do you have access to a AC power point or not ?

Get the 12v car vacuum cleaner and use directly on cars DC power albeit they will be too powerless. But again just fine for petty cleaning.

No. I stay on 3rd floor and there is no way to connect to AC power so cordless is only option.
Really ? no power outlets anywhere nearby on the premises. Doesn't the security guard or steward for your building live someplace with a power outlet?

What if you go to a petrol bunk?

Used to have these vacuums at carwashes when I lived abroad, but I guess that is not available here

Cordless vacuums can work somewhat with loose dust but deeper in the fabric requires power.

That is the problem, fabric which your seats and carpets are made of. Off a hard surface is easier for lower power vacs.

Really ? no power outlets anywhere nearby on the premises. Doesn't the security guard or steward for your building live someplace with a power outlet?

What if you go to a petrol bunk?

Used to have these vacuums at carwashes when I lived abroad, but I guess that is not available here

Cordless vacuums can work somewhat with loose dust but deeper in the fabric requires power.

That is the problem, fabric which your seats and carpets are made of. Off a hard surface is easier for lower power vacs.
Mine is very old building so all those options aren't there. I will check if the common area below where all meters are installed has an outlet or not. If there is, I can make use of that outlet.

Mine is very old building so all those options aren't there. I will check if the common area below where all meters are installed has an outlet or not. If there is, I can make use of that outlet.
Spend your time finding an outlet somewhere. Then use your regular vac

This would be an excellent excuse to get a Dyson though :D

Is this any good?

XECH Handheld Vacuum Cleaner with Rechargeable Battery Cordless Hand Vacuum 80W Motor 6000pa Suction (V-Gun) https://amzn.eu/d/9QpH0HM

I saw in beebom video so just thought of asking here.
Spend your time finding an outlet somewhere. Then use your regular vac

This would be an excellent excuse to get a Dyson though :D
Which model of Dyson specifically. Ironically I never got Dyson even when I was in US as it was expensive there.

Is this any good?

XECH Handheld Vacuum Cleaner with Rechargeable Battery Cordless Hand Vacuum 80W Motor 6000pa Suction (V-Gun) https://amzn.eu/d/9QpH0HM
Their demo video shows it working on hard surfaces. It will do that. Remember what we said. Fabric. You need a motorised brush to clean that or a powerful vaccum.
I saw in beebom video so just thought of asking here.
He spent less than a minute 'reviewing' it.
Which model of Dyson specifically. Ironically I never got Dyson even when I was in US as it was expensive there.
V8 Is the cheapest see how well it does here

Even here vacuum won't pick up the fine stuff, that motorised brush is needed. And on max the battery does not last long. Like 5-10 minutes

On a lower power setting, you make more passes.

What I don't like about models before 12 is you have to keep the trigger pressed for it to work. That isn't necessary with the 12 or 15. The batteries are also swappable from models 11 on up which you can't do with the 8.

Their demo video shows it working on hard surfaces. It will do that. Remember what we said. Fabric. You need a motorised brush to clean that or a powerful vaccum.

He spent less than a minute 'reviewing' it.

V8 Is the cheapest see how well it does here

Even here vacuum won't pick up the fine stuff, that motorised brush is needed. And on max the battery does not last long. Like 5-10 minutes

On a lower power setting, you make more passes.

What I don't like about models before 12 is you have to keep the trigger pressed for it to work. That isn't necessary with the 12 or 15. The batteries are also swappable from models 11 on up which you can't do with the 8.
Checked dyson V8 on amazon and it is 30K wow. I see there are clones too for half the price, no clue how they are really though.

Checked dyson V8 on amazon and it is 30K wow. I see there are clones too for half the price, no clue how they are really though.
Look for a power outlet

Clones are not worth the money and that toy you linked to is only for touch-up jobs.

At most, it will clean loose dust that fell here and there. Not the entire car.

I planned to buy one few years back.
Then I realized going for a wash in the nearby car-wash center is economical, less hassle for my lazy ass.
Here in Bangalore, they charge 300rs for exterior foam bath & vaccum+air pressure cleaning for the interior (for hatchback).

Then I realized going for a wash in the nearby car-wash center is economical, less hassle for my lazy ass.
Here in Bangalore, they charge 300rs for exterior foam bath & vaccum+air pressure cleaning for the interior (for hatchback).
and your back...

I personally use my Roidmi F8 (thanks to @sriharsha_m here for suggesting it) to clean home and car both. It's not very powerful like wired ones, but does its job well and is very convinent due to cordless form factor.

I also believe an AC powered one will do a better job for a car, provided you have an AC socket in vicinity:
Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner (Blue) https://amzn.eu/d/bImoVEA

This went on for like 6k during sale period and is value for money.

My car gets washed daily from outside as watchman does it. I will check shops like you mentioned and see how much they charge. For something to be done once a month or so, the price Is good. Won't be bothering with cheap useless vacuum (nor with good expensive ones).

Back