Suggest configuration for 40k

reddy8155

Disciple
Q1: What is your budget?

Q2: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q3: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q4: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - AMD Athlon X4 640
Motherboard - Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H or MSI 880GMA-E45
GPU - 6850 or GTX 460
RAM - 2*2GB DDR3
DVD-RW
KB/Mouse combo
HDD - 1TB
Monitor - Dell ST2220L
PSU - Corsair 550VX
Case: Cooler Master Elite 310

Don't need speakers or UPS.

Q5: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Will probably add 1 or 2 hard disks later on.

Q6: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
I live near mangalore. If i can't get the components there, i'm open to buying online or going to bangalore.

Q7: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q8: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q9: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None

Q10: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Strategy - Civilization 5, AOE
Racing - DIRT 2, NFS series and any other interesting ones.

Q11: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Normal: 1080p
Gaming: 1080p/900p

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
-Should i get corsair 550VX or will 450VX be enough for my configuration?

-Please help me with the pricing for this configuration. I saw prices online but want to know if they're cheaper in a shop.

-Any changes to the above configuration will be more than welcome.

Guys, please help with the pricing!!!

Want to know how different bangalore prices are from mumbai.

And a guessing game. Say, i wait a month, do you think prices of any components will go down? Sadly, ram's already increased by 100-150rs per 2gb.

Anyone know a good shop in SP road, bangalore?

Your config looks fine :) Only change i would suggest is a better cabby like the NZXT Gamma.

Try contacting Ankit or Aashirwad. Check SP road price update thread for contacts etc....

I wud advice u to buy BenQ E2220HD(11 ports) ~ 8600 instead of ST2220L which wud cost u somewhere around 8.2 to 8.4k... And E2220HD has slightly better color reproduction quality than dell's ST2220L monitor... And as DA suggested buy gamma...
And if u can extend ur budget a bit then buy vx550 which wud b gud for future upgrade... :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Think the spec's final. Just hope the prices reduce over the next one month(esp gtx 460 now that gtx 560 is released). Gotta add cost of travelling to bangalore for me. I stay beyond the end of the universe.

DarkAngel said:
Your config looks fine :) Only change i would suggest is a better cabby like the NZXT Gamma.
Try contacting Ankit or Aashirwad. Check SP road price update thread for contacts etc....
NZXT are over rated.
Go for indegeneous! Zebronics has some pretty sweet ones on offer, at good prices too. They are mostly copies of others designs LOL

de.das.dude said:
NZXT are over rated.

Go for indegeneous! Zebronics has some pretty sweet ones on offer, at good prices too. They are mostly copies of others designs LOL

What The.....??!!

@Op

go for the NZXT gamma if available

else CM Elite 430 comes to mind

Zebronics isn't worth the price difference. (Even a half decent model costs more than 1k).

Anyway, kinda off-topic. Anyone using an atom based computer as a download rig? Wanted to know how cheap i can get one for. All i need it to do is stay on 24x7. And can atom run win 7 basic?

yeah it can, but try buying an amd semprom. they have 605 success rates of unlocking to a phenoms dual core, without the l3 cache. at 1.5k its pretty damn cheap. get a gig of ram and a cheap mobo for 2500 and youre set!
i wasnt joking about the zebronics. i dont know for real, but their website promises pretty decent cases.

@funkysourav, I was talking about a download rig. post #9. I'm one of those people who keeps their computer on 24x7 to download. My laptop's been on for close to an year. I restart maybe once a fortnight, just coz windows keeps bugging me to restart and has those stupid notifications.

So, i basically wanted a cheap ass download rig. All it has to do is download. I won't even watch anything on it. Just transfer them over network to my primary computer(the 40k one) or transfer to external drive. But the most primary thing is it should consume as little power as possible.

Cheapest prices from deltapage:

Sempron 140: 1650 rs

M4N68T-M: 2450rs

DDR3 2gb: 1375rs

500gb hdd: 1775rs

zebronics genie with smps: 1500rs (on ebay)

Total: 8750rs. (slightly more than i'd like.)

reddy8155 said:
@funkysourav, I was talking about a download rig. post #9. I'm one of those people who keeps their computer on 24x7 to download. My laptop's been on for close to an year. I restart maybe once a fortnight, just coz windows keeps bugging me to restart and has those stupid notifications.

So, i basically wanted a cheap ass download rig. All it has to do is download. I won't even watch anything on it. Just transfer them over network to my primary computer(the 40k one) or transfer to external drive. But the most primary thing is it should consume as little power as possible.

Cheapest prices from deltapage:

Sempron 140: 1650 rs

M4N68T-M: 2450rs

DDR3 2gb: 1375rs

500gb hdd: 1775rs

zebronics genie with smps: 1500rs (on ebay)

Total: 8750rs. (slightly more than i'd like.)
you can wait a little longer for AMD's atom replacements to come out

just a month or two maybe

they would be somewhat cheaper and less power hungry

Back