Budget 0-20k Suggest configuration

chetanrs

Disciple
[FONT=&amp]Q: What is your budget?[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&amp]25K[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&amp]CPU - Intel AMD 6000+[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&amp]Motherboard - Asus M2AVM[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&amp]GPU - NVIDIA 9600GT 512 MB[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&amp]RAM - Transcend 2X2GB DDR2 800[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&amp]Monitor - Dell U3212HM[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&amp]SMPS - CM Extreme power plus 500[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
NA[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
Please suggest an Intel based rig But I am also open for AMD[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

NA[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Bangalore
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
No[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&amp]Gaming[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&amp]Browsing[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&amp]Watching HD movies[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

NA[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Mostly FPS[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1920*1080 Med-High settings for games.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: Are you looking to overclock?[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
No[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Windows 7 64 bit OR XP Professional sp3

I am looking at something that Will be faster than the present setup that I have.[/FONT]

@chetanrs
As mentioned in the PM do retain your cabinet, HDD, Monitor with yourself.
I am suggesting you a config for ~20k since you might need 6k to buy a 2nd hand Monitor, 2nd hand 160GB HDD and Cabby for your office setup.

ComponentsDescriptionPrice (INR)
ProcessorIntel PDC G6303350
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 4350
RAMCorsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz1000
GPU MSI AMD R7770-2PMD1GD5 1 GB GDDR58300
PSUSeasonic S12 II 430w2800
Key BoardLogitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB700
MouseNA-
Total-20500

The mother board that I have suggested is very feature rich and has HDMI, USB 3.0 in the back plate as well as USB 3.0 internal headers.
But if you are on a tight budget then you can also consider the Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H ~ 3.3k. It lacks the USB 3.0 ports but has HDMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for the reply. Have a few more Queries. The 96GT that I have right now is quite big and doesn't fit properly, particularly in the screw area, will I face the same issue with the R7770 ? Should I need to change my cabby and get a

CM 311 elite plus.?

About the motherboard, Am I paying 1k more just for the USB 3 ports? Should I save that 1k and get a better processor or RAM ?

Is the PSU you suggested a better performer than the CM 500 Extreme power plus ?

Finally could you suggest an i3 proccy ? I can stretch the budget upto 25k. I will not be upgrading for another two years.

If you want the USB 3.0 front headers then change your case to CM 311 Plus,Which case do you have currently?,The Seasonic S12ii 430W is much better than your current PSU,You'd change that.If you're ready to spend extra cash for i3 then go for Intel i3 3220-7.5k it's a latest Intel Ivy Bridge line processor,Everything else you'd get as suggested above,Cheers.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Have a few more Queries. The 96GT that I have right now is quite big and doesn't fit properly, particularly in the screw area, will I face the same issue with the R7770 ? Should I need to change my cabby and get a

CM 311 elite plus.?

About the motherboard, Am I paying 1k more just for the USB 3 ports? Should I save that 1k and get a better processor or RAM ?

Is the PSU you suggested a better performer than the CM 500 Extreme power plus ?

Finally could you suggest an i3 proccy ? I can stretch the budget upto 25k. I will not be upgrading for another two years.

If USB 3.0 not a major requirement as of now, I will spend some more money on the GPU, and get something like 7850 or 660. I know you will ask why to put a such a powerful gpu against the puny g630, why not a get a i3 with a slightly puny gpu and be happy. Check the following article :

Picking A Sub-$200 Gaming CPU: FX, An APU, Or A Pentium? : Can FX, APUs, And Pentium Processors All Game?

At 1080p, CPU take backseat and GPU takes the major load. In short g630 has enough power in terms of gaming performance if you paired with a good GPU, this is a cheaper way of getting better gaming performance and still keeping your system upgradable in near future,, For future upgrade you might want to consider a i5 3450 kind of cpu.

Back