Suggest DVD Player with AM/FM

Mangesh

Disciple
Hello There,

I plan to buy Home Theatre with DVD (most of runs all formates) Player with AM/FM Radio budget around 5to 6k.

Can any one please suggest nice maintianance free brand/product.

Thank You

Thanks for Reply,

I go through Phillips Models and confused seeing so many models.

If you use or have knowledge of one model, please name the model here.

Have a nice time.

The Philips LX3900 is a DVD player with FM radio. But it has a speaker system as well and mybe quoted at around 15K so it is well beyond the budget you specified.

Look at a few of the LG products too. May go beyond your budget though. The LHD6246 is on offer for under 11 K.

As I mentioned, both options include speakers.

with budget of 5-6k you can not setup home theatre with branded stuff.

branded cheapest and good option would be :

phillips 5106k dvd player with htr 2000 5.1 speaker set (should be around 3.5k and 6.9k respectively)
do not expect great performance from this setup but it suffices for novice.
i am using HTR 2000 with phillips dvp 642k player.

otherwise you can go for unbranded speaker set from local market will cost yu around 3.5 k

hope this helps.

ps edit : player does not have am/fm but htr 2000 receiver and amplifier does have and thats why i chose it.

OH,

It seems with 5k I can not go for best Hometheater.

So I decide to drop Homtheater and go only for Best DVD player.

Can any of you please suggest me best DVD player around 5-6k.

Thank YOu for you support till today.

Hope you will answer me for this query to.

you should be able to get a decent DVD player well under your budget.

The Philips 5106 which was already recommended to you will cost above 4k IMO.

The videocon DS77 comes at under 3K if you can trust videocon. It is the best value for money player. I was even quoted 2.7K for it.

If you do not need DivX, then you can look at LG 8555 or 8556, the Philips 3007 for normal 5.1 decoded outputs or Philips 3005 if 2.1 is good enough. These are all quite sleek. The LG have a black look while the Philips are sleek and silver. None of them have a radio. You will have to get your radio from your speaker system when you buy one. But here again be warned that I have not come across good speaker systems with radio. The radio generally comes with the cheapo speakers. The HTR 2000 of Philips is somewhat decent at just under 7K. You can offcourse get the a speaker system with a separate controller with FM radio. One which I have seen, heard and liked is the Philips LX 600 but I believe this one is discontinued though some dealers still have stock.

Back