SUGGEST: DVD Player ?

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Please suggest me a DVD-player ?

Budget: 3K (around)
TV: CRT

It will be a gift for my sister :cool2:

Passion dvd player from futurebazar or big bazaar..1400..
works well plus cheapo..

Though wouldnt suggest as a gift..But still show u further options..:)

Nomad said:
Samsung P-480 and Philips 3166. Both have DivX and USB Host apart from the regular features.

+1 for the 3166
great gear, just gifted one to my dad, using it on a old thomson 25".

Only trouble is the lack of optical out, but i dont think u'll use optical out on such low end player. Go grab it.

i have a LG dvd Divx player ....no prob for last 3 years....get a USB version...........dont buy the cheap brand like koryo,etc ......bcos they might support only DIVX version 5 movies...while most of the DIVX *ahem * movies are made from DIVX version 6....get a philips or LG

Some of the plilips being sold these days are very old models....stock clearance

Coz after cheap players flooded the market, no one wanted to buy philips for a few months

my friend bought a brand new one from sony mony , and the damn thing has such old firmware that even DVD-RW cannot be read by them

When u buy Philips, make sure its the latest specs,firmware and model

Passion player from futurebazar, i opened it , it has sony dvd mechanism and mtk chipsets.

works well, but in usb the output is sluttish

Picked up a Philips 8 months back,takes various formats,big on features,small in size,except that,it doesn't have an eject button on the stoopid remote.:X

Go for any model from Philips. Its great and plays scratched Dvds very well. also plays almost all formats(DVD-R, DVD-RW, Kodak photo Cd, DVDs with files directly dumped on it from your pc,) Its really great. Had for the last one year no issues with it. I also has a 7.1 Ch output, but will need a seperate amplifier. Also has progressive video playback, but tour TV will have the capacity to reproduce it. I got two of these, one is almost 6years old and still going strong.

Yesterday bought the Philips 3166 :)
Thanks to everyone :hap2: REPUs comming.....
Only ONE BAD THING-
Warranty is only for 6-months. Others are 1year :(

Back