Audio Suggest Earphones budget 5k .

Scorpy

Adept
Hi guys I plan to make my first ever expensive purchase of Earphones so needed some guidance. Few questions I wanted to know before buying :

1) Will I notice a significant difference while using these on a smartphone (samsung galaxy s3) ?

2) Do I need an external amp to use these to their full potential ?

Budget : 5k ( not including amp ) .

Please help me buy some decent ear phones .Thanks in advance.

Hi guys I plan to make my first ever expensive purchase of Earphones so needed some guidance. Few questions I wanted to know before buying :

1) Will I notice a significant difference while using these on a smartphone (samsung galaxy s3) ?

2) Do I need an external amp to use these to their full potential ?

Budget : 5k ( not including amp ) .

Please help me buy some decent ear phones .Thanks in advance.
1. yes
2. if the impedance of you headphone is more then 32 ohms you may need amp, although now a days the smartphone are capable enough to drive headphones upto 40-50 omhs.

Yes I would like to add a few points :

1) I am using the headphones that came with the phone ( samsung white color ones).

2) I listen to hip-hop and instrumental/down-tempo/triphop music . Basically nice beats but at the same time I do want DETAIL when it comes to pure instrumentals .

May be I'm asking for a lot in my budget but if someone could tell me the best possible choice in this budget it will be appreciated :) .

EDIT: Also I have a decent idea of good quality music and sound . I have been using Sennheiser HD558 with Asus Xonar Essence STX for more than a year now . So its not like I've never heard quality sound :p . But I haven't ever experienced it on an mp3 player/phone using "earphones".

I listen to hip-hop and instrumental/down-tempo/triphop music . Basically nice beats but at the same time I do want DETAIL when it comes to pure instrumental.

you can give brainwavz m3 a try..
well auditioning it before buying it would be good..

1) I am using the headphones that came with the phone ( samsung white color ones).
headphones shipped with sammy phones are the crapiest one i have ever heard, sony/HTC is far better in this case.
as @xenaxance suggested give brainwavz m3 a try, here is the review:- http://www.head-fi.org/t/521551/brainwavz-m3-review
looking at your taste range "hip-hop and instrumental/down-tempo/triphop music" do not opt for any monitor headphone you find them very flat.

also, my personal opinion, if you have it doesn't meant you have to hit the upper budget, sound quality is not proportionate with money.
There are few sennheiser stuffs ~3K which sounds good. you can visit any sennheiser showroom & test, as you are using the brand you will love the sound signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes I agree. In fact I do not want to spend more if I can get good quality for cheaper ! . I'll read sennheiser reviews . I had read that M2 was good for bass but I didn't read up on M3 . Problem with Brainwavz is that their warranty service is not good I heard from a member so I'm a bit confused with the M2/M3 purchase .

If you are looking for quality then the brainwavz m3 are of top top quality and the sound they emit competes with iems twice the price . They do however emit a bit balanced sound as opposed to the m2 which are bit more bassy.
Also look at the signature acoustics c12 as they are very good as well in terms of soundstange and fun factor.

Back