Suggest gaming mouse without Rubber grips

Hi Guys,

As the name suggests, I'm looking for a gaming mouse without any sort of RUBBER on it (on the scroll will do). This is because I got some sort of allergy on my fingers from the rubber of the MX 518 after using it for 4 years. Dermatologist has advised me to change my mouse.

So pls suggest somthing within the range of 2k. If any kind of 2nd hand mouse without the rubber coating is floating around TE, please post me the link.

Any advise is helpful.

PS: Mx 518 in good condition going to go up for sale soon.

Lol...I actually have to MX 518's. 1 in which the rubber coating has worn off & the left click is screwed (this is just lying around). Other which is almost a year old but I was currently using. Now Im using an MS basic optical mouse. I dont like Intelli 3.0. Cant kill anybody with it due to its weird shape & not so good accuracy.

@ Varun - Can you confirm 100% the DA 3.5g has no rubber on it?? My Finger's skin depends on your suggestions :p

DJ,do you have a rash on your palms? Like faint red spots under the skin of your palms? I seem to have developed them for the last two months and I am using the same mouse.My palms seem to sweat a lot and that magnifies while gaming for long hours.:ashamed: My Doc too advised that I was allergic to something. Now that you mention it,the mouse seems to be the culprit.
Changing my mouse ASAP now.

dj_faithless said:
Can you confirm 100% the DA 3.5g has no rubber on it?? My Finger's skin depends on your suggestions :p
Razer DA 3.5g too has rubber like coating on it including buttons, the plastic material is there on the sides only.

Yes Nightwing. Exact same thing. It started for me also from the last 1 - 2 months. I thot it was due to the weather being cold or Mumbai being polluted. I went to my Dermatologist today & she instantly pointed out it's the mouse. You can also check from the Fotos that its my Index & Pinky finger which normally sits on the rubber.

Also I game a lot & my hands sweat after that (thanks to Mumbai weather). The rubber does not help this phenomenon & see now how my poor fingers have become :( I've put some cream on it & doctor says it should be fine within 5 days. However, I need to change the mouse.

I loved the MX 518 but it has to go now :( Served me well

@ The Nightwing - The cream Im currently using for treatment is Clonate - F cream @ Rs. 175. Needs to be rubbed on your fingers everytime after bath (Morning & Evening). If your fingers are itching (like mine did after I got a cut & put a band aid on it which is a NO NO), take Le Zycnet tabs once at night after meals for 5 days.

dj_faithless said:
Lol...I actually have to MX 518's. 1 in which the rubber coating has worn off & the left click is screwed (this is just lying around). Other which is almost a year old but I was currently using. Now Im using an MS basic optical mouse. I dont like Intelli 3.0. Cant kill anybody with it due to its weird shape & not so good accuracy.

@ Varun - Can you confirm 100% the DA 3.5g has no rubber on it?? My Finger's skin depends on your suggestions :p
open up both mice, swap the circuit boards (or whatever it is which is ruining the left click), and you should have a working mouse with no rubber on it :p

watch out for the two mousewheel springs, they jump out during disassembly, but you should be fine otherwise.

PS: If not, art thou willing to sell the dead mouse/combo deal on both? ( i think i should be able to fix them)

@ The Nightwing - So it's either steelseries ikari optical or sidewinder x3. When you're buying the sidewinder x3, please also provide me with the details. I'm also looking at a Kinzu 2nd hand deal. But I'm tryin 2 make sure that it has no rubber on it.

dj_faithless said:
I'm looking for a gaming mouse without any sort of RUBBER on it (on the scroll will do).

Well , SteelSeries Kinzu Optical Mouse

Pros:

-Very Precise Tracking -Ambidextrous -No excessive gliding -Perfect mouse for people with small hands -No glossy sides so the thumb doesn't slip off -Built-in memory to store 3 different profile settings

Cons:

-No rubber gripping on top -No side buttons (for people with smaller hands!) -Not apt for people with medium to large sized hands

I think I saw one on the marketplace going at 1.2k sometime early , you could check that out :)

Hope I helped , Get well soon

Hey dj!
If you want to stick to mouse similar to MX518, you can go for G5(probably has some rubber, not much though) or G500 (G500 has bad reviews).

Else you can go for Steelseries XAI (always ftw!)

If you are cutting on budget you can try Steelseries Ikari Optical/Laser or Steelseries Kinzu.

You can even stick to the traditional ones - MS 3.0 or 1.1(if you can find it!)

Anyway, GL HF :)

THanks for all your suggestions guys. Most probably I'll go for a Kinzu. Somebody is selling a used peice for round Rs. 850. I'll pick that 1 up. My MX 518 is gona go on sale soon :)

Back