Suggest good GPRS service providers in Bengalooru

Gryph0n

Adept
I am currently using a Vodafone connection, at Bangalore/Bengalooru. I subscribed to their internet plan for Rs. 100/month with 2 GB download, which I thought was a good plan. But after going for the subscription, I realized that what they offer with the Rs.100 Plan is only WAP, and not full GPRS. Their GPRS service is something they label "Vodafone Mobile Internet" or something, and is much more expensive.

I am bummed because I am unable to use any internet applications like Fring, etc., and neither can I pair this connection with a PC/Laptop.

I am looking for a new service provider. What I need most is excellent GPRS coverage over Bangalore, with decent plans. I ocassionally travel to my hometown, near Kottayam, Kerala. So if they have a network in Kerala, it would be ideal.

I have shortlisted Tata Docomo, and Uninor. Uninor's website shows only 1 tower in my hometown. So am more inclined towards Docomo. Can someone comment on how good/bad Docomo's network is in Kerala?

Are there any other service providers I should consider? Any reasons to disconsider Docomo ?

Docomo has got the best and cheapest EDGE/GPRS plans among everyone. I'm in Mumbai and the network is decent but at my home I barely get proper network so I suggest you go for a pre-paid card and just try it out for a month or so.... Oh, and for the record...Vodafone are a bunch of thieves when it comes to GPRS plans but then they also have the best network coverage :p

Back