Monitors Suggest good LCD

maxme

Disciple
Finally bought following things

AMD 64 bit X2 5200+
MSI K9AGM3(690G)
Seagate 250 GB
Transcend 2 x 1GB (800MHz)

Now I am going to purchase 19" widescreen LCD.

Budget is 12k(can be extended to 14k if its worth it) and Viewsonic VG1930WM is already in my mind.
Please suggest any other which can perform better.

Get the viewsonic 19" VX series model.Somewhere around 10-11k.

OT: How much was the motherboard???? n how is it? :) oh, n where are u located (i wanna know where all its available :) )

I got it for 4900rs.

Board is good, It has everything you want except DVI-D port.

But it has HDMI. Board is worth buying.

iamddevil said:
Where can you get it for 15k?
thanks in advance.

Last month I got the VX2245wm for 16.9k from Prime so I am sure the VX2235wm should be around 15K. Both these panels are the same - the difference is that the 2245 has a powered 4 port USB hub and a 8 card reader and an iPOD dock in its base.

This TN panel is good enough for my use - it has good sharp text and bright color reproduction and the blacks and whites are fine.

I just called Prime...he quoted 16.5k for the 2235.
And ~18 for the 2255.
Which is what I expected, but not as low as I hoped. Anyway, I'm in Pune at the moment, and will be driving down to Bombay sometime next week, so theres still a chance the prices can fall further...maybe I should look at some place in New Bombay, and avoid paying the octroi.
Thanks anyway.

I'd called Roop 10 secs after posting the previous message..they'd quoted 16.2k for the 2235, and had said that the 2255 was out of stock.

I called some guy in Pune a few days back, and he told me that 22" viewsonics weren't available on demand, and there was a 2 week waiting period. He said that if I was getting it on the spot from Bombay I should be careful cos it was probably from the grey market, and there'd be no warranty. I got his number off the viewsonic website, so it was a bit strange to hear him say that.

maxme said:

I spoke to the AOC distributor a few days back, and he quoted 18k for the 22" model. He said it was more expensive than the viewsonics because it used a better panel...an A+...anyone heard of that? I did a search but it came up with nothing.
The specs for the monitor seem to be better than the viewsonic..or most other 22". Apparently it outputs 16.7m colours..thats probably with FRC or whatever, but the other 22inchers output only 16.2m.
Anyway, paying more for an AOC than a viewsonic seems like madness to me.

Eazy said:
Vivek Punjabi had a 2255 he wanted to sell - maybe he will give you a good price :) http://www.techenclave.com/forums/fs-viewsonic-vx2255-wmb-1-month-95987.html

Ask Abhisek of Arihant maybe he will give a TE forum member discount :)

Yeah...I was eyeing Viveks post..but it's closed. I think I'll just pick up the 2255 from lamington next week. I doubt it differs from the 2235/2245 in performance, but it looks sleeker cos the speakers are hidden. Plus it's got a swivel base with adjustable height.

Anyway...thanks for the help and quick replies Eazy.

I am getting a AOC 19" widescreen in 9.7k from a local dealer.

And my cousin says it looks better than Viewsonic.

Also Dell GO is already closed.

Man, I'm confused.

Back